950 or 960

megjake101

The most intense game Ill end up playing on whatever card I get is probably Fallout 4 so im curious is the 960 is worth the extra money. 

The GTX 960 is stupid.

The R9 280 (AMD's last gen card) out preformed the 960 by about 2-5% and was slightly cheaper.

The R9 380 (or R9 285) is AMD's current gen card and preforms 10-15% better than the GTX 960 for the same price.

Edit - I fixed the typo I had (I called the 380 a 280)

Neither. 380.

Reason? When I watch benchmarks it falls behind in some areas. 

The GTX 960 is stupid.

The R9 280 (AMD's last gen card) out preformed the 960 by about 2-5% and was slightly cheaper.

The R9 280 (or R9 285) is AMD's current gen card and preforms 10-15% better than the GTX 960 for the same price.

There are different gens of 280? or did you mean 380

Reason? When I watch benchmarks it falls behind in some areas. 

Umm... No.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

There are different gens of 280? or did you mean 380

Nope. The 280 and the 380 (and soon-to-be 380X) are all their own cards. They are based around the same principle: Destroy GTX 960' s and be cheaper.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Umm... No.

hmm, okay then. Tbh as long as I dont have to buy it for console and it gets above 40 fps im good. 

hmm, okay then. Tbh as long as I dont have to buy it for console and it gets above 40 fps im good. 

Get a Sapphire or MSI R9-380; their coolers and customer support are both top-notch.

Get a Sapphire or MSI R9-380; their coolers and customer support are both top-notch.

I planned on MSI becuase of the red color scheme, but my next question is 2gb or 4gb? 

I planned on MSI becuase of the red color scheme, but my next question is 2gb or 4gb? 

4GB. It has the memory bus to push it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-r93804gd5toc

Sorry, that was a typo.

I meant R9 380.

I figured that. Thought you were having amnesia or something

You can get a 7970 on eBay for, like, $170 if you're really desperate. That'll beat the 950 and 960. Beat its older brother, too.

talking about the 770, obviously, not the 970. Although the 7970 has better compute performance than the 970 does, but that's another story for another day...

The most intense game Ill end up playing on whatever card I get is probably Fallout 4 so im curious is the 960 is worth the extra money. 

get a 960 with the 20% off on jet.com, thats what I did