How will this manage my build?

Go to solution Solved by Spirit_Hunter,

Ok so now I have 2 opinions of leaving the 650w and getting the 550w...

The 650w is more than enough. The 550w will also be enough. We recommended the 650w because it will give you more headroom if you decide to do heavy overclocks on your cpu and gpu or if you swap out a component later on.  

Hey forum comrades 

This is my first build so have been looking for a good power supply but not so expensive, can this handle my build with minor overclocking?

Evga 220-GS-0550-V1

and this is my planning build: pcpartpicker.com

Hey forum comrades 

This is my first build so have been looking for a good power supply but not so expensive, can this handle my build with minor overclocking?

Evga 220-GS-0550-V1

and this is my planning build: pcpartpicker.com

Your build probably won't run on 550W because you linked us to PCPartpicker.com and there's a lot of different hardware on there. I'd say get at least a 90,000 watt power supply to run each of those GPUs and CPUs. /s

If you have any single GPU system or dual 960s or something like that then you're fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'd keep the 650W power supply you have in the partpicker, just a bit more headroom that won't hurt you

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

650w looks fine. PCpartpicker is showing that your system would draw 351w, so 650w will give you more than enough room for overclocking. 

Your build probably won't run on 550W because you linked us to PCPartpicker.com and there's a lot of different hardware on there. I'd say get at least a 90,000 watt power supply to run each of those GPUs and CPUs. /s

If you have any single GPU system or dual 960s or something like that then you're fine.

Ha put that name to see that's in pcpartpicker and yes im running a single GTX 970 SSC

Ha put that name to see that's in pcpartpicker and yes im running a single GTX 970 SSC

A single 970 will draw like 130W on it's own so not a lot. 550W is plenty.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I'd keep the 650W power supply you have in the partpicker, just a bit more headroom that won't hurt you

650w looks fine. PCpartpicker is showing that your system would draw 351w, so 650w will give you more than enough room for overclocking. 

A single 970 will draw like 130W on it's own so not a lot. 550W is plenty.

To give you an idea of how much wattage you'll likely use:

TL;DR - very power hungry system with an OC'd GTX 680 and OC'd 3770k hitting 350W. You're likely using 250W.

The 650w is more than enough. The 550w will also be enough. We recommended the 650w because it will give you more headroom if you decide to do heavy overclocks on your cpu and gpu or if you swap out a component later on.  

To give you an idea of how much wattage you'll likely use:

TL;DR - very power hungry system with an OC'd GTX 680 and OC'd 3770k hitting 350W. You're likely using 250W.

Thanks, so the final answer will be which one is cheaper at the time I buy it