CPU hits 90c when i installed new GPU

ChocoChipie
Go to solution Solved by Litargirio,

Redo thermal compound. What CPU is it and what cooler is it paired with?

i just got my new GPU and now when i play games my CPU heats up. I've had my CPU with integrated graphics when i dint have a card but it would never go over 80c. now it hits 90 - 95. I have also Updated the GPUs Drivers and Disabled the Integreated graphics i have also Cleaned my PC and its dust free now. Can someone help me? CPU gets really hot when playing State of Decay and AC Black Flag.

Redo thermal compound. What CPU is it and what cooler is it paired with?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Corsair Water cooling. cant remember what type it is tho. but it has sa single 120mm fan. But yeah i prolly should redo the paste it's almost been 2 years. If that doesn't work any other suggestions i can try? 

that sounds odd. Re-apply the thermal paste. also how is the airflow in your pc? 

Corsair Water cooling.

Is the pump functioning?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Corsair Water cooling. cant remember what type it is tho. but it has sa single 120mm fan. But yeah i prolly should redo the paste it's almost been 2 years. If that doesn't work any other suggestions i can try? 

90 degrees on liquid cooling? is the cooler even plugged in? it sounds like your pump is not working or something.

I just cleaned it. the fan spins but i have no idea if the pump is working or not. How do i check? Also where do you usually buy Thermal pastes? PC shops or would a Hardware store have some too?

Any decent PC shop should sell thermal paste, if there's none nearby you can buy it online too.

If this was just after installing a graphics card, you might have nudged the connector and loosened it. Try replugging it. But make sure the PC is off while doing so.

Any decent PC shop should sell thermal paste, if there's none nearby you can buy it online too.

If this was just after installing a graphics card, you might have nudged the connector and loosened it. Try replugging it. But make sure the PC is off while doing so.

it's prob just a loose connector like he said^^. worst case scenario. your pump died but i doubt it. 

You got a bad mount , re-apply thermal paste and put cooler back on.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Okay so i checked both the connectors they both seem to be firmly on the motherboard. So its either a broken pipe or i need to apply paste to it.

Okay so i checked both the connectors they both seem to be firmly on the motherboard. So its either a broken pipe or i need to apply paste to it.

It's most likely broken pump (not pipe). Even without thermal compound, it shouldn't hit 90 degrees, unless it was an overclocked AMD CPU or something.