MSI or Asus cards?

+Puma+

Damnit you people are idiots. I DO NOT NEED THE PERFORMANCE OF A 980 OR R9 NANO OR AN R9 FURY, HOW CLEAR MUST I PUT THIS! MY BUDGET IS BIG, BUT NOT BIG ENOUGH THAT I CAN SPEND AN EXTRA $200-$300 IN GRAPHICS AND STILL DO ALL THE OTHER UPGRADES I WISH TO DO.

On the contrary, I believe that you're the idiot here cause you literally don't want to get two 15% better cards in favor of two 15% weaker ones for the exact same amount of money, with exactly the same temperatures, to have below 100W less overall power draw while you want a dual-GPU setup anyway instead of a one, more powerful card that would probably draw less than two of those 960s. RIP logic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

plz, 380 s coler thn 960, plz lisn

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I have said it 5 times now and I will not say it again, I do not care about performancem and you would know that as well as why if you actually read my post.

I have read it! The question is, WHYYYYYYYYY?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I have read it! The question is, WHYYYYYYYYY?

I said why. I don't need anymore performance than a 960 will supply. Therefor, I don't care if the 380 has better performance, because I don't need it and will never use it.

I said why. I don't need anymore performance than a 960 will supply. Therefor, I don't care if the 380 has better performance, because I don't need it and will never use it.

Then why don't you save yourself some money and get two GTX 950's? (Conciously choosing less benefits for the same money is still illogical to me, but oh well, some people believe in "God" some people do what you do, both things are equally stupid)

Then why don't you save yourself some money and get two GTX 950's? (Conciously choosing less benefits for the same money is still illogical to me, but oh well, some people believe in "God" some people do what you do, both things are equally stupid)

becuase, I want atleast a little room for expansion in terms of the graphics intensity of games I play. And I said just a little, that doesn't mean 380, that means 960

becuase, I want atleast a little room for expansion in terms of the graphics intensity of games I play. And I said just a little, that doesn't mean 380, that means 960

An overclocked GTX 950 is 3-4 FPS slower on average than a GTX 960. It's even faster in some cases. "You don't need the performance"

I can't even tell what your needs are with the giant walls of text spamming R9 w/e.

How many slot spaces will be between your two planned cards?

Do you have sufficient airflow to deal with the two? I'm aware the 960 isn't a mini solar flare but two of them still produce heat which will need to be dealt with.

If your case fans/airflow is restrictive (as well as possibly having to replace the PSU to deal with the adjustments) it absolutely is a good idea to consider a blower style card for at least one of the two cards used. To this point I've actually seen the MSI blower model at a retailer near me - so they are around.

I would probably go with the MSI variant because their base of operations for warranty service is near me, and I've had to use it in the past. That's it really - the other real difference will just be price, availability and silicon lottery (gpu quality etc), so just go with whatever suits you best.

--

You know that r9 380 has the same temperature as 960? (is actually cooler) Your whole point about longer lifespan of a colder card cannot be applied to this situation. If you just want an nvidia card, because fuck the system and nobody will tell you what to do with your money, go for an MSI card, those at least look cool.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Just accept that there are no FUCKING reasons to buy a GTX and tell those guys that you want one anyways and they will fuck off probabily thinking that you're retarded or something

To repeat myself, once again: performance isn't the only thing that matters to many people.

Everyone know what's going on here, they want to buy an Nvidia card no matter what. Total waste of typing to try and reason with someone who is buying a name, not a product.

OP, get the MSI. Then the name on your GPU will match the name on Afterburner.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

An overclocked GTX 950 is 3-4 FPS slower on average than a GTX 960. It's even faster in some cases. "You don't need the performance"

Congratulations. You have convinced me...... I will buy a 380 after all. You had some very good points and argued well....... :mellow:

Congratulations. You have convinced me...... I will buy a 380 after all. You had some very good points and argued well....... :mellow:

It appears I stand corrected, it wasn't a waste.

It appears I stand corrected, it wasn't a waste.

I think he's being sarcastic.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

They really need to use a sign if that's the case. The sign helps.

I'm not.... I decided I want a little more performance headroom for future proofing.