300$ gaming?

ninjapants

hi

im currently planning on building a cheap af and small af  console-like PC that i can carry with me when I go on holiday with friends and so on.

I don't plan on spending too much money on it though, I hope I can get some decent frames out of 300 bucks. The price where I live may vary from that in the US but it should not be too big of a deal i hope.

The most important thing (except for the price) is the size, i want this to be as small as i can get it. Unfortunately I only have access to mainstream or maybe some almost mainstream brands for cases so if there is no cheap way to use an external power brick I will have to buy the SilverStone Milo ML05 which will set me back 45$, fortunately I found a practically no-name 400W SFX PSU for 19$ so there's that.

I also wont need a Hard drive as I have a couple laying around, so that helps out a lot.

Does anyone have any suggestions on parts?

At the moment I was looking at something like:

• AMD A8-7600
  • Silverstone NT07 Cooler
  • MSI A88XI AC V2
  • G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3-1866
  • Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
  • Silverstone ML05B
  • Random 400W psu

PCPartPicker list http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9h6KwP

The PSU and hard drive are not the ones I will be using, as I do not live in america and already have an hdd and found a psu i could buy that is similarly priced.

I added a CPU cooler because Im not sure the stock cooler will be enough for the AMD APU, correct me if i am wrong. I would like to try overclocking.

Do you have any suggestions or improvements? As I said, I would like to keep it 300$ give or take 10$ and get the most out of it gaming performancewise.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @4.8Ghz - MB: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4@2400Mhz - GPU: EVGA FTW GeForce GTX1080 - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, bunch of old WD 500GB drives, old WD green 1.5TB - Case: AeroCool Mechatron - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 750W - Display: iijama ProLite B2712HDS 27" 1080p Display - Cooling: Enermax Liqmax II 240 - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown - Mouse: Corsair M65 FPS Gunmetal Black - Sound: Logitech X230

hi

im currently planning on building a cheap af and small af  console-like PC that i can carry with me when I go on holiday with friends and so on.

I don't plan on spending too much money on it though, I hope I can get some decent frames out of 300 bucks. The price where I live may vary from that in the US but it should not be too big of a deal i hope.

The most important thing (except for the price) is the size, i want this to be as small as i can get it. Unfortunately I only have access to mainstream or maybe some almost mainstream brands for cases so if there is no cheap way to use an external power brick I will have to buy the SilverStone Milo ML05 which will set me back 45$, fortunately I found a practically no-name 400W SFX PSU for 19$ so there's that.

I also wont need a Hard drive as I have a couple laying around, so that helps out a lot.

Does anyone have any suggestions on parts?

At the moment I was looking at something like:

• AMD A8-7600
  • Silverstone NT07 Cooler
  • MSI A88XI AC V2
  • G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3-1866
  • Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM
  • Silverstone ML05B
  • Random 400W psu

PCPartPicker list http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9h6KwP

The PSU and hard drive are not the ones I will be using, as I do not live in america and already have an hdd and found a psu i could buy that is similarly priced.

I added a CPU cooler because Im not sure the stock cooler will be enough for the AMD APU, correct me if i am wrong. I would like to try overclocking.

Do you have any suggestions or improvements? As I said, I would like to keep it 300$ give or take 10$ and get the most out of it gaming performancewise.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

PS$ with game on black friday 300$ can't do much with a pc like that

Decent frames are not possible with $300, hell under $1000 depending on what I call decent.

Yeah your only chance is Black Friday, it'd probably be easier to find a build next week.  I also think you should get a dedicated video card, this seems like a waste without one, don't expect it to run like a console, it's going to run horribly with a dedicated card.

Let me see what i can come up with though.  I think the biggest question is, decent frames on what games?  Any game?  Because if so, you're going to need more $.  Also you don't live in the US????  Where do you live then?  The US PCPartPicker isn't going to be the best place to look for you if you're not buying from those sellers listed there.

Edit: Personally I would be thinking more along these lines:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($68.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($18.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card  ($119.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $325.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-15 20:52 EST-0500

Also you don't have enough $ to overclock, it's just not price efficient.

The graphic card is missing?

Right there, first thing in the list ;)

Yeah your only chance is Black Friday, it'd probably be easier to find a build next week.  I also think you should get a dedicated video card, this seems like a waste without one, don't expect it to run like a console, it's going to run horribly with a dedicated card.

Let me see what i can come up with though.  I think the biggest question is, decent frames on what games?  Any game?  Because if so, you're going to need more $.  Also you don't live in the US????  Where do you live then?  The US PCPartPicker isn't going to be the best place to look for you if you're not buying from those sellers listed there.

Edit: Personally I would be thinking more along these lines:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($68.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M-ITX+ Mini ITX FM2+ Motherboard  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($18.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 370 2GB Video Card  ($119.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $325.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-15 20:52 EST-0500

Also you don't have enough $ to overclock, it's just not price efficient.

We don't have black friday here. I live in austria, I never use PCpartpicker obviously, only when I want a part list for cases like this were most people will by using the site. Over here we use geizhals.at, my list is here if you want.

OPk saying decent frames was not a good choice of words, I don't expect it to run crysis or new AAA games, although I was HOPING to get 30 frames in GTA V on lowest settings, but that'S just a bonus. Otherwise I'm just going to play coop games on it, the most demanding games will most probably be screencheat and gang beasts. I still want to get the most power out of it that i can, as i said i will be trying to get some older AAA games working but if it doesn't work it doesn't.

With my setup i sent i actually did expect to get some overclocking as the mobo is powerful enough but whatever.

Here in austria the A8-7600 cost only 10 bucks more than the 860K so would it maybe be better to take that one and use like the iGPU dGPU crossfire?

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @4.8Ghz - MB: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4@2400Mhz - GPU: EVGA FTW GeForce GTX1080 - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, bunch of old WD 500GB drives, old WD green 1.5TB - Case: AeroCool Mechatron - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 750W - Display: iijama ProLite B2712HDS 27" 1080p Display - Cooling: Enermax Liqmax II 240 - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown - Mouse: Corsair M65 FPS Gunmetal Black - Sound: Logitech X230

Depends on what game you're planning to play. 

I explained that in the post just above your reply...

cant get any cheaper than this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($68.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin ECO2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 360 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($83.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply  ($14.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $310.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-16 20:35 EST-0500

The site has changed....

I explained that in the post just above your reply...

I would suggest you save up for another month or so...

I would suggest you save up for another month or so...

I don't have to save up, I could buy a 1000$ right now, but that is not the point. I just don't see the point in spending so much, all I want is to get the most out of 300$. If I can only run Super Mario 64 at 10 frames then that's that... I dedicated 300$ for this as that is how much this is worth to me.

But thank you for being honest nevertheless. I appreciate the input.

cant get any cheaper than this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($68.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Mushkin ECO2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($35.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($34.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 360 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($83.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply  ($14.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $310.81

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-16 20:35 EST-0500

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it really haas to be ITX, it does not make any sense otherwise :/ but I think I am able to build something based on your idea. :)