G1.Sniper M3 Audio Not Working

Go to solution Solved by Ashley,

Of course as soon as I post this I fix it... Turns out the creative audio driver and AMD's HDMI driver don't get along. So uninstalling my drivers fixed it, then I reinstalled w/o the HDMI audio driver and it still works.

I recently reinstalled windows because my games were crashing and reinstalling my video drivers didn't fix it (event viewer said the video drivers were the culprit almost every time). So I reinstall Windows 7 and get my system back up to date with patches and anti-virus, reinstall drivers.
Lastly I get to my audio driver which installs fine, and was recognized even before driver installation. However after restarting as instructed by the installation wizard I still don't have any audio playing through my speakers. The creative onboard sound card is recognized, Windows says there are no issues with it or the driver. I installed the most recent driver I could find, and the speaker icon in the lower corner does not have the red cross through it (or any other error messages). It was working fine on my previous install.

LTT forum. Do you know anything I can do to get this working?

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Of course as soon as I post this I fix it... Turns out the creative audio driver and AMD's HDMI driver don't get along. So uninstalling my drivers fixed it, then I reinstalled w/o the HDMI audio driver and it still works.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

You want to have the least amount of drivers on your system as possible relating to a specific task, such as audio and video.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You want to have the least amount of drivers on your system as possible relating to a specific task, such as audio and video.

I just installed the AMD drivers and clicked "express setup" which installs everything. I didn't think HDMI audio would interfere with my analog audio. Interesting thing to note for future troubleshooting for sure.

Yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch