Someone please help me with this 980Ti build

Hey guys!

So, this will be my first PC in, well, forever and I need some help with some of the parts. I've selected some of the parts (e.g. the GPU because I've read extensively about them) but about others, I'm not so sure and needed some help.

GPU: Zotac 980Ti Amp! Extreme Edition

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K (does this come with a cooler or do I need to buy one? If not, can you suggest one, nothing too over the top but something average that'll get the job done properly.)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury / Crucial (I need you to choose one and tell me why - Crucial seems to be twice the price, are there any big benefits to it?)

PSU: I have no idea. Will 850W even suffice? Even then, there are soooo many options so, again, please suggest something good but not too fancy.

Motherboard: Same thing as above. I have no idea. I don't think I'll be overclocking, certainly not immediately but I would like something that has the bare minimum option to do so, in case the PC slows down in 3 years and I no longer care about warranty.

SSD: Again, confused. I want 240GB - or thereabouts - of storage. I'll leave the brand up to you.

HDD: 1TB WD Black.

I'm missing the case, I know, but I'll just have to go to a store and see which ones are available, unfortunately. Still, if you have suggestions, give me a shout below!

Thanks, everyone.

What you gonna be doing on this pc?

If gaming that i7 is overkill

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

What is this build for? What will you be doing with it? @Anonymous1b also dont forget to follow your posts

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ Micro Center) 

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($151.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Video Card  ($629.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center) 

Total: $1501.60

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-15 19:18 EST-0500

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.89 @ OutletPC) 

Apparently the NEX series EVGA PSU's arent as high quality as other EVGA PSU's

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Apparently the NEX series EVGA PSU's arent as high quality as other EVGA PSU's

Eh I got the base down, PSU expert should be here any second now. Also @Anonymous1b , the case is your option completely, as long as the parts can fit inside.

What you gonna be doing on this pc?

If gaming that i7 is overkill

What is this build for? What will you be doing with it? @Anonymous1b also dont forget to follow your posts

Sorry, I'm used to this other forum where every time I reply, I automatically follow.

I'll be using it for gaming primarily, yes. So, you guys think I should go down to a i5-6600K? Or, even just the i5, without the 'K' overclockable edition?

So, even 650W will work just fine? Here I was thinking 850 would be bare minimum and I'd have to end up with 1000W. (Also, in case I want to upgrade to a SLI 3 years down the line, exactly how much power will I be left with if I go with the 650/850W?)

Are you going to be overclocking your CPU?

Like I've said, most likely not. I might, however, want to in the future, when the system is 3 years or something old and most of the warranties have become redundant anyways. I'd like to have the option, if possible, but not if it's at a significant cost.

Bump! In the first ten minutes, you guys were jumping over each other to answer and in the next ten, the whole thread went dead! How does that happen? :P

go to cyberpowerpc and select a computer that more or less is the one that your tring to build and mod it out to the exact way you want it and it will tell you if you need cooling and how many watss you need 

For the ram use Kingston very reliable and high quality ram. If you want to OC ur cpu get an NZXT kraken x61 cpu cooler if not then just get a cooler master hyper 212 Evo. For a mother board there are so many options. For a gaming system I would recommend a asus rog Maximus VII it's a high end gaming board that is great and looks sweet. For the ssd a Samsung 850 is the way I would go. It's expensive but so worth it. For one 980ti 850w is enough. I would recommend a corsair or evga PSU. And lastly for the case NZXT and cooler master are the way to go. They both make great cases but I personally would go with an NZXT h440 or an NZXT noctis 450. I realize everything I've recommended is lots of $$ other than cooler master hyper Evo 212 but it way worth it and by ur CPU and gpu choice I don't thing it should be a problem.

PS unless ur planning on gaming on 1440p or 4K a 980 will be fine 980ti is really meant for 1440p gaming

Bump! In the first ten minutes, you guys were jumping over each other to answer and in the next ten, the whole thread went dead! How does that happen? :P

Not enough information in the OP to be constructive. Following the forum guidelines, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/ helps.

At the very least post a budget.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

for the cpu-cooler the Cooler master hyper 212X is even overclocking a good choise(20 $)

for RAM two 4GB 2133MHz(or higher) DDR4 is absolutely enough (when gaming 4- 6 GB of RAM are used at max) => take the cheapest kit of a good brand(kingston, crucial, corsair, G.Skill) about 50$

http://www.bequiet.com/de/psucalculator says: max power consumption with overclocking 467W so 550-650W are definitely enough, I'd take a bq straight power 10 600W (120$)

for over clocking a Z chipset is required and all standard connections => MSI Z170-A Pro (110$) 

240 GB isa good choise for windows, etc. I like the Samsung 850 evo a lot(80$)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($138.98 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($95.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme Video Card  ($659.99 @ Amazon) 

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $1445.20

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-21 15:14 EST-0500