Help on Captive Portals. Beginner here!

Good day guys.  I was wondering if someone could help me or just point me on the right direction to what could be a great solution for a project that my friend wants to get done. He talked to me recently and asked me if I could deploy wifi hotspots with a captive portal. The objective of the captive portal is to gather information of different people from different locations. I've done a lot of google searches and asked some of my friends but the best answer that I could find was to use Pfsense and its RADIUS server and customize its portal page to also do self registration (I'm not sure if this works though) . So the plan is to have a captive portal that would allow people to connect to the hotspot in exchange of them registering their contact information. I'm not quite sure if I could pull it off, but maybe you guys would know of better ways on how to implement this. I have a bit of knowledge on php, programming and computer networking and I think with a little help I think I could pull this off.

Btw this is my first post. Thanks in advance! :)

Ubiquiti and mikrotik both have captive portal offerings, but I don't know anything about either of them. I imagine the ubiquiti system is easier to set up. Otherwise, yes you can use PFSense to do that, I've seen it used at hotels before.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: