H100i temps

I have an H100i and have been using it for about 7 months. It's running NFF12s at 1000RPM in pull, yet my CPU temperature is 85-7C when running prime95. My CPU is a 3770K at 4.5Ghz (100 base, 45 multi). Is this ok/normal or are these temperatures vastly wrong for an H100i?

I also think that I applied way too much thermal paste, so that might be the problem (if there is one)

What's your vCore at, and do you know your ambient temperature?

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

What voltage are running on the CPU? I would say the temps are a bit high, but that is just me. And if you think you have applied to musch thermal paste why don't you just reapplie some? 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

HwInfo32 says the VID is 1.2009V, CPU-z reads 1.272V (while priming). I set it to auto in the Maximus V Formula BIOS

ambient temperature is 23C

And if you think you have applied to musch thermal paste why don't you just reapplie some? 

because I don't have any Isopropyl / nail varnish remover on hand, I wanted to know if I needed to reapply it.

HwInfo32 says the VID is 1.2009V, CPU-z reads 1.272V (while priming). I set it to auto in the Maximus V Formula BIOS

I would really recommend trying to set the voltage manually. The auto settings are really conservative and you would probablu be able to lower the voltage.

because I don't have any Isopropyl / nail varnish remover on hand, I wanted to know if I needed to reapply it.

Then I can see the problem. 

I set the voltage to 1.25V and it seems stable (not tested properly yet, but no random BSODs so far). While priming the temperature is now 80-83C

anything else I can do to improve my temps?

I hit 85 c at 3.5gz  at 1400 rpm lol

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

anything else I can do to improve my temps?

You can increase the fan speed and maybe try to reapplie the thermal paste. 

right so I have some Nail varnish remover, which is acetone based, some paint thinner (white spirit), and some methanol. Which of these are least likely to leave a steaming pile of metal in my cpu socket?

right so I have some Nail varnish remover, which is acetone based, some paint thinner (white spirit), and some methanol. Which of these are least likely to leave a steaming pile of metal in my cpu socket?

Nail varnish remover

thanks! gonna reapply my thermal paste

as you had found out there is a correlation between CPU voltage/fan speed and

temperatures. although a good exercise for TIM inspection, you prolly won't find

much temperature gain unless there wasn't enough application, to begin with.

do to the nature of the CPU silicone wafer, design of the 22nm architecture,

unsuccessful TIM (from silicone to IHS) application, those aren't too bad of a loaded

temperatures. a delid might yield 10°-15° lower, but chances to mess up the CPU

and loose the RMA possibilities are greater, unless you can afford it.

fine tune the CPU overclock and you'll prolly find a better vCORE and temperature

under load for 4.5GHz.

airdeano

thanks! gonna reapply my thermal paste

You have some good thermal paste, right? None of that cheap stuff :P Ivy Bridge also runs a little hot than others because of the cheap thermal material they've used between the die and IHS. Like airdeano's said, you can look into delidding your CPU if you're confident enough. Plenty of Youtube tutorials out there.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

I used what I think was a tad too much MX4, ordered some ArctiClean because I have little faith in me using acetone or other solvents that seem a little dangerous. Thanks for the tips, I don't think I need to go all the way and delid, but hopefully my temps should drop 5° or so (being optimistic)