Fallout 4 graphics

jjohnthedon1

Iv heard a lot of people moaning about the graphics being bland and not great,

Iv not played the game yet but was wondering what u guys think

From the screen shots Iv seen it looks good but YouTube doesn't show u how it really is

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

They are okay... Not bad not great.

Personally idgaf as long as the story is good

They are okay... Not bad not great.

Personally idgaf as long as the story is good

not as good at witcher then ?

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

I really like it. Traditionally, the graphics in fallout have been grayscale and gloomy, but this actually has color, and doesn't look as good as the newer games like the witcher, or battlefront, but it comes damn close.

I really like the graphics, the art style is classic fallout, and the environments are detailed and full of clutter

Ok the texture quality is not Crysis or the Witcher 3, but the lighting, the environment design and character faces are are detailed but fit nicely into the art style

I actually am very happy with how it looks , it has a great aesthetic, good draw distance, and there is just so much going on

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Max settings and those feet still look like they're rotting

i9RMZXu.jpg

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I don't care about graphics.

I care about story, controls, game "features" as well as how it performs.

Graphics shouldn't be a way to judge a game. How good the game is should determine how good the game is.

(That being said, I think they look fine for Bethesda Softworks has always focused on).

If you go looking for stuff youll notice it, but honestly I havnt seen anything seriously bad in my own 8 hours so far

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

a lot of textures in this game are pretty gnarly. really gnarly. at least from a distance the game blends pretty well so you don't notice, but the graphics still look pretty washed-out. 

i like the color palette. no weird filter FO3 had 

not as good at witcher then ?

not really. Witcher 3 maintains very good graphical fidelity. but it's not like Bethesda didn't improve a few things with their aging engine. the lighting for example is a lot nicer, plus with occlusion light bounces off stuff in a believable way. the faces became slightly more organic-looking, but people still look "off" somehow 

Bethesda aren't known for their AAA top notch graphics. They're known for their sandbox RPG design, with great humor, storyline and character customization/progression.

Give it time and modders will be releasing 4k textures for the game.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

The graphics arent great, and can mess with your eyes in some situations as some are blury, for example; rubble.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

The game looks good when viewing  things from a distance but up close, the textures look like they're standard-def as fuck.  The game also seems to run far worse than more demanding titles so I'm really not sure what's up with that.

As far as turning stuff down, I'd start with shadows and grass.  This is the game on Max by the way.

ykXQV50.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Because they want consoles to be able to run it. Stupid ass consoles, hindering developers to make quality games.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack