New HP Zbooks feature Intel Xeon, 4k displays and Thunderbolt 3

At HP's event in New York City today, the company expressed a goal to "bring the sexy back to workstations." With that in mind, the company unveiled a newly refreshed line of ZBook laptops, including redesigned ZBook 15 and ZBook 17 models. However, the most exciting member of the family is the all-new ZBook Studio, which attempts to take on powerful machines like the MacBook Pro as the first quad-core workstation ultrabook.

The Studio sits in between the refreshed ZBook 15u and ZBooks 15 and 17 in terms of power and features. HP labels it as the "no compromise" option, as it supports Intel Xeon processors as well as Core i5 and i7 processors. It can store up to 2TB of data (with HP Z Turbo Drive G2), which is double that of the most expensive MacBook Pro and Microsoft Surface Book models, and it has up to 32GB of ECC memory. It sports quite a few graphics options as well, including an Nvidia Quadro M1000M with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5, an Intel HD graphics 530 or P530, and an Intel Iris Pro Graph.

The 15.6-inch ultrabook features the same thin and light redesign as the rest of the ZBook series, measuring 18mm thin and weighing 4.4 pounds. This is similar to the MacBook Pro, and that's what HP is hoping people notice. The ZBook Studio may be a workstation, but the company wants customers to admire it for its sleek design and for how conveniently it lets them take all of their work anywhere.

The HP ZBook Studio starts at $1,699 and will be available in December along with the $229 Thunderbolt Dock. We'll have to wait a little longer to see the other ZBook family members; the 15u will be available in January starting at $1,099, as will the ZBooks 15 and 17, but pricing for those models has not yet been confirmed.

HP-ZBook-Studio-15-G3-ZBook-15u-ZBook-15

Source: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/11/hp-refreshes-zbook-laptops-introduces-no-compromise-zbook-studio/

The new Zbook features all the modern tech you want in a mobile workstation (sort of)

It looks like a decent option for those who want to edit videos on the fly or work away from the confines of home

I really hope that they don't fail to deliver in battery life, because I don't trust their "25% better battery life" claims

PS: Sorry about title, I have too many topics open right now

Zbook, not Zenbook.

Yeah edited it already

I had 2 topics ready and jumbled up the sources  :mellow:

-snip-

Asus have Zenbooks, this is not Asus. This is HP, they have Zbook

EDIT: See you fixed it

Overpriced crap. If I were to get a mobile platform and expect to be working, I'd rather go with cloud-computing. As for a workstation, I wouldn't touch a laptop with 10-foot pole. Desktop or go home.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Overpriced crap. If I were to get a mobile platform and expect to be working, I'd rather go with cloud-computing. As for a workstation, I wouldn't touch a laptop with 10-foot pole. Desktop or go home.

You have no idea how convenient it is to have a fully featured workstation laptop. along with a full workstation pc. the ability to work anywhere without problems, and have no issues with compatibility is great. though of course they are fucking expensive, but usually you get it from work anyway.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

You have no idea how convenient it is to have a fully featured workstation laptop. along with a full workstation pc. the ability to work anywhere without problems, and have no issues with compatibility is great. though of course they are fucking expensive, but usually you get it from work anyway.

We'll if it was out of pocket it's not worth it IMO. But he'll yeah I'd take one if work allows me to.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

We'll if it was out of pocket it's not worth it IMO. But he'll yeah I'd take one if work allows me to.

noone buys this out of the pocket. Everyone who benefits by one is employed by a big company ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]