[Z170] Mouse stuttering/freezing issue

JHyunS06

Hello everyone, 

I recently built a Skylake desktop. 

I am having some mouse stuttering/freezing issue. 

It usually happens when some tasks are being done. ( Game, Windows Update )

I never had this problem with my old laptop with the same mouse before so I am assuming that it is the problem associated with the new build. 

It even seems like that the whole Windows stutters/freezes which makes me how can it happen on a such a powerful CPU. 

Parts Lists:

CPU: Intel i7-6700k

Motherbaord: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

RAM: G.Skill ripjaws V 3200Mhz 16GB (8x2)

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750W B2

1 SSD and 1 HDD. 

I am really frustrated with this problem as this is my new build and I was expecting to have no problem with my new build... 

Thanks for the help in advance. 

Any inputs will be appreciated. :)

Are you overclocked?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Pascal laptops guide

I don't think your system is the problem. I think your mouse has some issues like the cable (if you have a wired mouse) has some fractures or the drivers aren't correctly installed.

I had the same problem with my laptop. The problem was that the cable of my mouse had some big fractures.

Are you overclocked?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the double posting. 

I was really desperate, been trying to solve the problem for few days now. 

I initially installed WIn10 and it was just horrible. 

It seemed like there are some known problems so I installed WIn7 instead. 

Now its a lot better but it is still happening. 

My CPU is NOT overclocked, it is in its stock freq of 4.0 Ghz. 

I only enabled XMP in order to let me motherboard recognize my RAM as 3200Mhz not 2166Mhz.

I don't think your system is the problem. I think your mouse has some issues like the cable (if you have a wired mouse) has some fractures or the drivers aren't correctly installed.

I had the same problem with my laptop. The problem was that the cable of my mouse had some big fractures.

Thanks for your reply :)

I wish my problem was a lot simpler like this.. 

But no, I am using wireless mouse ( Logitech MX Master ) and I had never had this issue with my HP Laptop and MacBook Pro Retina.

Thanks for your reply :)

I wish my problem was a lot simpler like this.. 

But no, I am using wireless mouse ( Logitech MX Master ) and I had never had this issue with my HP Laptop and MacBook Pro Retina.

Try to update all your drivers and see if the problem is solved if not delete te driver of your mouse and reinstall it.

Try to update all your drivers and see if the problem is solved if not delete te driver of your mouse and reinstall it.

I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion :)

No problem. If that doesn't help try to take a look on the sensor of your mouse maybe there is a problem with it.

No problem. If that doesn't help try to take a look on the sensor of your mouse maybe there is a problem with it.

Just to throw my wild hypothesis, would wireless router being too close to mouse receiver be the reason?

Even if this is the case, it does not makes sense since it only happens at certain point.. 

:(

Just to throw my wild hypothesis, would wireless router being too close to mouse receiver be the reason?

Even if this is the case, it does not makes sense since it only happens at certain point.. 

:(

Try a wired mouse.

Pascal laptops guide

Try a wired mouse.

+1

If you haven't already I would suggest you try a different mouse if available to try and narrow the issue down. I can understand your frustration. Let us know how the other suggestions went.

RAM: 8GB of male sheep