Which Bundle

TheAmazingCookieFromSquare

I was looking for a new pair of headphones for my cousin which his pair broke and I got like $100.

For $100 we all know that the Audio-Technica M40X would be the best option.Well I know what my cousin listens to and overall for $100 the M40X is a win.

Now I have a problem.With the coupon I can either get a 

Blue Snowball Microphone

(link http://smile.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Black-iCE/dp/B014PYGTUQ/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B014PYGTUQ )

or

Creative Sound Blaster E1 Headphone AMP/DAC Combo Thingie

(link http://smile.amazon.com/Creative-Headphone-Amplifier-Integrated-Smartphones/dp/B00J2JATL0/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B00J2JATL0 )

I feel like the Microphone would be the better option since he uses this chepo $10 mic from walmart that sounds freggin HORRRRIBLLLLEEEE

His PC has SupremeFX Audio soooo....

(remeber the I can only choose one thing to get for free with meh coupon)

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Personally, I'd get the mic.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I was looking for a new pair of headphones for my cousin which his pair broke and I got like $100.

For $100 we all know that the Audio-Technica M40X would be the best option.Well I know what my cousin listens to and overall for $100 the M40X is a win.

Now I have a problem.With the coupon I can either get a 

Blue Snowball Microphone

(link http://smile.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Black-iCE/dp/B014PYGTUQ/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B014PYGTUQ )

or

Creative Sound Blaster E1 Headphone AMP/DAC Combo Thingie

(link http://smile.amazon.com/Creative-Headphone-Amplifier-Integrated-Smartphones/dp/B00J2JATL0/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B00J2JATL0 )

I feel like the Microphone would be the better option since he uses this chepo $10 mic from walmart that sounds freggin HORRRRIBLLLLEEEE

His PC has SupremeFX Audio soooo....

(remeber the I can only choose one thing to get for free with meh coupon)

I have a snowball ice, and I just want you to know that you will be able to hear everything. Mouse clicks, fans, keyboard, A/C since it picks up sound from all directions and doesnt have different modes like the original snowball.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

Clearly the mic sinc the DAC/amp would be useless, more than likely.

M40X is hardly the best decision for the money.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I have a snowball ice, and I just want you to know that you will be able to hear everything. Mouse clicks, fans, keyboard, A/C since it picks up sound from all directions and doesnt have different modes like the original snowball.

You can fix that up using a pop filter and changing audio settings

M40X is hardly the best decision for the money.

?

Ok so, If he's a gamer that play competitive games that require communication like CS:GO or any other game in which you must talk to win then go for the microphone, but Amp is a freakin' good thing especially if he is planning listening to music on his phone. I ran into this problem some time ago, I had some good headphones but my device just didn't have enough juice to unleash their potential.

_MaTT

Ok so, If he's a gamer that play competitive games that require communication like CS:GO or any other game in which you must talk to win then go for the microphone, but Amp is a freakin' good thing especially if he is planning listening to music on his phone. I ran into this problem some time ago, I had some good headphones but my device just didn't have enough juice to unleash their potential.

M40X never need a amp

He play league of legends CS:GO Minecraft with skype

M40X never need a amp

He play league of legends CS:GO Minecraft with skype

Ok then, if M40X's don't need and amp to enjoy on any device then go for the mic obviously.

_MaTT

Please.

I'm telling you, the headphones I had sounded just great on my pc, but when I used them on my phone the volume was low and the bass was weak :/ Sorry if all I don't know something about the M40X headphones that seem to make you angry?

_MaTT

I'm telling you, the headphones I had sounded just great on my pc, but when I used them on my phone the volume was low and the bass was weak :/ Sorry if all I don't know something about the M40X headphones that seem to make you angry?

He's saying that an amp doesn't really mean shit for unleashing potential. For volume, yes, you needed an amp. For the bass thing, that just means that your phone has a bad jack with too high an output Impedance.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I'm angry for pretty much of the time.

As noted, volume has a lot to do with the percieved lack of bass, since our perception of bass is less at lower SPL. It could also be that your phone has a capacitor-coupled output, which can cause bass roll-off.

I think I will call the two guys above me Audio Ninjas from now on :)

_MaTT

?

I have a pop filter/boom and have changed the settings.

i7 4790k | GTX 970 | 16GB

That's all you need to know. It's a beast.

I won't fight over who is better at their art. But I'd love to see them face-off in a battle for the title of THE ULTIMATE AUDIO NINJA MASTER!!!!!!

^

?

There are better options at 100$ for headphones

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."