Iphone 5 antenna, motherboard, etc issue?

Yongtjunkit

Hi, I was wondering if my iPhone 5 having one of the issues stated in the topic. My iPhone 5 lately having some cell signal issue. If you live in Malaysia you probably know LDP highway and the picture below. My iPhone sometimes show no service at places like LDP when there's supposed to be cell signal. My carrier is Celcom(prepaid) post-252623-14470480321306_thumb.jpg

also i've recently replaced my iphone battery http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/441114-iphone-5-screen-spliting/

Hi, I was wondering if my iPhone 5 having one of the issues stated in the topic. My iPhone 5 lately having some cell signal issue. If you live in Malaysia you probably know LDP highway and the picture below. My iPhone sometimes show no service at places like LDP when there's supposed to be cell signal. My carrier is Celcom(prepaid) attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1447048028.857319.jpg

also i've recently replaced my iphone battery http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/441114-iphone-5-screen-spliting/

Check in your area where cellular towers are located for your carrier it's not uncommon to have dead zones especially if you have really tall buildings in and around the area.

Check in your area where cellular towers are located for your carrier it's not uncommon to have dead zones especially if you have really tall buildings in and around the area.

How do I check?

By the way the area shown in the picture is a housing area and the first time I discovered the issue was near a shopping complex and it's at the highway

How do I check?

By the way the area shown in the picture is a housing area and the first time I discovered the issue was near a shopping complex and it's at the highway

There are sites like theses that map them but sometimes aren't super up to date it depends on location:

https://www.cellmapper.net/map

Hmm not too sure then, other than a random dead zone from large buildings, the best would be to see if someone else that uses that provider also has that problem in or around the area.

The cell signal issue actually happen sometimes, so I'm not sure if it was my phone

Update :

I dont even get signal with Vodafone on the street the Vodafone shop is on in my town, or even inside the shop

phone reception is sketchy in most places, could be your phone, could be the mast, its hard to say

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dont even get signal with Vodafone on the street the Vodafone shop is on in my town, or even inside the shop

phone reception is sketchy in most places, could be your phone, could be the mast, its hard to say

So basically my phone may have issues or someone jam the signal or there's an outage. It happened at a housing area so I assume that it's impossible that someone jam the network

So basically my phone may have issues or someone jam the signal or there's an outage. It happened at a housing area so I assume that it's impossible that someone jam the network

maybe, or it could just be a bad network 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii