Second hand GTX 670 price?

Virus__

Hi,

I was looking at picking up a GTX 670 2nd hand, just so I had something better than my GTX 560 for Fallout 4. I've found an MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC on eBay for $180 Australian, but I think that's a bit too much, and it's about the 2nd or 3rd time it's been re-listed, since then they've made "best offer" available. I've seen 670's as cheap as $100 AUD. So what would be a fair price to offer?

I have plans on a new system next year, I just want something in the mean time with a bit more VRAM so Fallout 4 runs okay. The 2nd hand GPU market here sucks at the moment, i've seen people asking brand new price for GTX 760's & sadly getting it.

Thanks.

Edit: It also seems a mate has a 750Ti I could buy. So that's also an option, even though I know it's nothing great in terms of power..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Hi,

I was looking at picking up a GTX 670 2nd hand, just so I had something better than my GTX 560 for Fallout 4. I've found an MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC on eBay for $180 Australian, but I think that's a bit too much, and it's about the 2nd or 3rd time it's been re-listed, since then they've made "best offer" available. I've seen 670's as cheap as $100 AUD. So what would be a fair price to offer?

I have plans on a new system next year, I just want something in the mean time with a bit more VRAM so Fallout 4 runs okay. The 2nd hand GPU market here sucks at the moment, i've seen people asking brand new price for GTX 760's & sadly getting it.

Thanks.

Edit: It also seems a mate has a 750Ti I could buy. So that's also an option, even though I know it's nothing great in terms of power..

670 is a much better choice than a 750ti... 750ti is a waste of cash.

I paid $210 AUD for an ITX 670 with a copy of the witcher 3 included. that was just prior to the witcher 3 release date... ITX cards are a little more "niche" so I expected to pay a little more

I regularly see 670s for sale for $150 AUD - I would say $100-130 is a cheap deal.

get on OCAU (www.overclockers.com.au/) - and check the classifieds - note: the forum has STRICT rules about buying and selling, you will be banned for not adhering to them.

Sorry LTT for the cross-sell here but you lack a classifieds section.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $100 USD / $140 AUD, but I don't know how inflated part prices generally are in Australia. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

670 is a much better choice than a 750ti... 750ti is a waste of cash.

I paid $210 AUD for an ITX 670 with a copy of the witcher 3 included. that was just prior to the witcher 3 release date... ITX cards are a little more "niche" so I expected to pay a little more

I regularly see 670s for sale for $150 AUD - I would say $100-130 is a cheap deal.

get on OCAU (www.overclockers.com.au/) - and check the classifieds - note: the forum has STRICT rules about buying and selling, you will be banned for not adhering to them.

Sorry LTT for the cross-sell here but you lack a classifieds section.

Yeah, that's why i'd rather the 670 personally. Also cheers, I didn't know about OCAU! I've been on the AU Hardware Swap Sub-Reddit, but nothing much there sadly. There is a classifieds here, but i've only ever accessed it when someone has posted a link, and it's pretty inactive from memory.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $100 USD / $140 AUD, but I don't know how inflated part prices generally are in Australia. 

Awesome, thanks. I was thinking around that price point. I'll hit them with that see if they take it or not!

Thanks for the feedback & help guys!

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14