Best on board audio?

AndyWeber

I wanted to build a pc to use with my 7.1 turtle beach elite 800, but I will be having dual sli 980ti amp extreme, so there's no room for a sound card. My question is, which is the mobo with the best on board audio?
I forgot, I wanted to use a z97 mobo

if spec-wise counts, this is probably the one you'r looking for:

MSI Z170A Gaming M9 ACK

Sry, did not see your 2nd Post

LANinfo.at - Austrias LAN-Party Portal

turtle beach headsets ftmp are trash. get a good pair of headphones/a good set of speakers, and a good amp/reciever then we can talk

What would you recommend for 7.1 surround sound gaming?

How about 2.0 stereo gaming?

That's what I'd recommend.

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

If you want 7.1, you need to purchase a surround sound speaker system with 7 speakers and a sub, not a headset/headphones with only 2 speakers.

Oh, and no matter how high end you go for sound on motherboard or sound card, your TB headset will not make use of anything, you will still be stuck with the sound they are capable of producing, which isn't very good.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

For surround sound headphones, in my puny eyes, it's very unclear on what's a good headphone to get.

However, being someone who has done many-a-home theater system setup, I can give you a little advice there.

Get speakers from a reliable brand, such as BOSS, Kicker, Bose(i know, i know), Klipsch, Pyle, Pioneer, and so on and so forth. Make sure you buy 7 bookshelf/woofer speakers (bookshelf speakers preferably, since they can have tweeters built in), and total up their power consumption (usually says on packages or instore, or online store page) and then look for 1 or 2 subwoofers. If the room you're putting this stuff in is small, then 1 high-wattage small woofer (6.25-10 inches) should be ok. But if the room is big/you wanna make your neighbors mad, get 1 high-wattage large woofers (10-15in) or 2 low wattage 8-12in units.

After calculating the total wattage, buy a receiver that's a few hundred watts more powerful. (Eg. 1200W total system, buy a 1500W reciever, futureproof, and unlikely to create coil whine or distort heavily under extreme power draw.) Make sure you buy this from one of the brands listed above as well. I would look specifically for a receiver that supports up to 7.2 channels, with many inputs just to make for sure that you won't run out. These receivers can get expensive though. Make sure it has both the mono and L/R channels for using subwoofers, as some have the inputs but won't take signal from them for some reason.

For subwoofer placement, just place the subwoofer in the place in which you will listen from, in your chair or on the couch, whatever. Then crawl around the wall of the room, while listening to a track/movie with notes you know well. When one place sounds good, mark it with painter's tape. Keep doing this, and when you get around to where you started, choose one of the marked spots and move your subwoofer there.

For speaker placement, make sure you get the 1-7 channels right. Place them out of the way if possible. Make sure they are placed where necessary, usually in owners manual or in videos. Once you have this done, hook up your system one final time, with speakers placement and receiver placement exactly where you want it. Then, use any channel on your receiver (CD, Tape, Aux, TV, they are all the same signal quality, just pick one.) Then run either a 1/4 inch or 3.5mm connector (whatever your source uses) into the receiver. Put the volume on your source to max, and use the knob on the receiver, or its remote to change volume or settings. In your source, if you can, change the audio "mode" to a more balanced mode. Then make final adjustments on the receiver.

Enjoy

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!