[Help]Choosing a Laptop

Kullzer

Hello,I need to choose a new laptop for multimedia stuff(mostly the adobe pack)and some light gaming.
I need some help deciding on wich one

Intel Core i7-5500U
GeFORCE 840M 2GB
8 GB RAM

and it costs 639,99

the other one is

Intel Core i7-6500U

GeForce 940M 4GB

16 GB

and it costs 799,99

my question is, is it worth paying the extra 160€ for the new cpu and gpu?

Thx

Yep.

I would certainly do it, especially with the pace on which adobe stuff is getting more demanding.

Yes. Just the 8 gig extra RAM is worth like 50-60 €, plus the 940 and Skylake CPU are a nice upgrade over the 840m and 5500U.

Ghetto Gaming Rig:
Intel Core i5-4690k; MSI Z97- Gaming 5; 8 gig Hyperx Savage; Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming; XFX XTR 650W; 120 gig Samsung 850evo SSD; Fractal Define S; Logitech G502; HP Pavilion 23xw monitor.

I know the extra ram is nice, but from what ive seen arround (there arent many 6500u reviews )the improvement over the 5500U is like 7% and frame wise for gpus the frame rate is pretty much the same, that 940M is the DDR3 version btw, and for the ram, i can allways add 8 gigs later

I know the extra ram is nice, but from what ive seen arround (there arent many 6500u reviews )the improvement over the 5500U is like 7% and frame wise for gpus the frame rate is pretty much the same, that 940M is the DDR3 version btw, and for the ram, i can allways add 8 gigs later

Well, considering the 60€ you'd spend on the RAM upgrade (as long as the 8 gig model doesn't come with 2x4 gig stick, in which case you wouldn't be able to upgrade), the price difference is around 100€. Considering laptops pricing it's quite a good price for a 1 generation upgrade. 

Ghetto Gaming Rig:
Intel Core i5-4690k; MSI Z97- Gaming 5; 8 gig Hyperx Savage; Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming; XFX XTR 650W; 120 gig Samsung 850evo SSD; Fractal Define S; Logitech G502; HP Pavilion 23xw monitor.