Issues with G750JM hard drive bay and screen, RMA'd it two times but nothing got really fixed

Hi.

I own an Asus ROG G750JM (860m, i7 4700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1) and I'm having issues. I bought it on the 4th of July 2014 and had only one year of warranty on it. I RMA'd it for the following reasons:

• The screen flickered on certain colors;
  • The screen had a couple of dead pixels;
  • The screen wasn't sealed apparently, a bug managed to crawl in;
  • The second SATA bay had dstroyed already two hard drives (Hitachi Travelstar 7K1000 1TB, same as the hard drive shipped with the laptop), the first lasted 6 months and the second only one;
  • It would have 9 chances out of 10 to BSoD if ShadowPlay and GeForce experience were running at boot.

When I got it back, the screen, motherboard and GPU were replaced. And they failed to mention that I had 3 months of warranty on the replaced parts. Asus wasn't the one who repaired it, instead they used some computer shop on the otherside of the country.

But there were more issues...

When I received the laptop, I booted it up and saw that the new screen was already ruined like if someone put something heavy on the screen. After trying out a third hard drive for my second SATA bay I hoped that it would last but it died again in less than two months again.

At this point I was furious because the first hard drive was the same and was alright, while the second wouldn't report S.M.A.R.T. errors correctly (except for the last one).

The screen also didn't seem correctly connected since I had to adjust if a couple of times before getting an image (see first picture attached) and would have some severe burn in (second picture attached).

I sent it back right after learning that my 3 months of warranty on the replaced parts was ending in just a few days. This time only the screen was replaced.

Right now the screen flickers on certain colors, and I must adjust the angle like if the internals were not connected correctly.

I really like the way this computer looked, it felt like it was tough and could be used like any other laptop. I like the keyboard since it's not bloated with useless ROG keys, or Big Picture keys.

But I'm not sure what to do now, I can't really send it back again because they would just replace the screen (maybe) and I would be going for a least a full week without being able to work.

About what I do with this computer, just for context, I'm a student in computer science and that means:

• I write software;
  • I use Virtual Machines (several of them at the same time often);
  • I game, and use game SDKs (Unreal, Unity 3D);
  • I watch videos;
  • I read stuff;
  • And more importantly than all of that, I take my computer wherever I need to with the ROG backpack (not cheap at all, but great to fit in my stuff in).

Right now I'm running the 4th hard drive I got in a USB3 dock so I can have a bit more storage (since I need it with all those VMs, games, and videos). I put to sleep my computer whenever I need to move it around or go to school so I don't have to spend time booting, opening my apps, going back where I was (Visual Studio is so slow) and mainly because sometimes I will just move for a few minutes and it's not worth shutting it down totally.

This post is not about making Asus look bad, it's about my experience and what I'm living with what I hoped would be the ultimate laptop experience. I really do like the idea of this laptop, then way it looks and all but it doesn't feel like it's build like it should be.

To the G750 users, please tell me about your experience with your laptop.

Are you happy ?

Does it meet your needs ?

To the other gaming laptop users, what do you have and what do you do with it ?

Has it ever failed on you ?

Thanks for reading.

post-677-0-89696300-1446831947_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-02598900-1446831965_thumb.jpg

My dream in life is to live of quality internet fiber and junk food.

Asus wasn't the one who repaired it, instead they used some computer shop on the otherside of the country.

you can pay Asus to fix it, just because your warranty dead doesnt mean Asus cant fix your Laptop for your entire life, as long as there's MONEY

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

In France, Asus doesn't do the repairs themselves. Even if I paid them it would be one of their partners repairing it and there's no way of telling if I would not have any issues after that (especially if the warranty only covers 3 months again).

My dream in life is to live of quality internet fiber and junk food.