Airflow design in Carbide 300R

S1dology
Go to solution Solved by moity,

as long as you have this going on:

7qxge.jpg
you should be fine.

I'm going to be using a 300R as well and I was planning to direct my CPU cooler (be quiet! PURE ROCK) to direct air out the back and put the rear stock fan to the top so it would exhaust air up. Then put a second fan alongside the stock front fan to help intake/push more air. But then I found a deal and decided to put two intake upfront and 2 rear exhaust - 1 in the back 1 uptop. After about 3-4 fans in a case it seems the temperature doesn't change by much.

Hi guys.

So I'm currently planning a major upgrade for my gaming PC, going from an old B75-board to a Z170, probably with a i5 6600k. I'm also adding a second EVGA GTX 970 with the ACX cooler, running in SLI, as well as a new PSU.

The thing I'm most uncertain about is airflow. I'l probably go with the Noctua NH-D15 for my CPU. Currently I have 2x 140mm fans as intake in the front, as well as a single 120mm fan as exhaust in the back, no fans at the top. The fans I'm using now are the two stock Corsair fans, plus a AF140 in the front.

I'm thinking of changing them to two Noctua NF-A14s in the front, and a NF-F12 in the back. But what happens if I put NF-F12s at the top as exhaust as well? Will this significantly interfere with the airflow for the CPU cooler? I will be running the NH-D15 with two fans.

Other comments or advice about the setup in general will also be appreciated. Thanks.

;)

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

;)

Thanks, I've seen that one already. Many good tips, but I'm still uncertain about having two top fans, if they will somehow conflict with the airflow through the CPU cooler.

Thanks, I've seen that one already. Many good tips, but I'm still uncertain about having two top fans, if they will somehow conflict with the airflow through the CPU cooler.

i dont think so

the top fans just take the air from cpu cooler and push it out ;) give it a try and check temps with different setting ( 1 top or 2 top fans )

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

i dont think so

the top fans just take the air from cpu cooler and push it out ;) give it a try and check temps with different setting ( 1 top or 2 top fans )

Allright, cool. Thing is, I don't want to pay for fans just to check, in case I won't be using them. But it should work out. Thank you!

as long as you have this going on:

7qxge.jpg
you should be fine.

I'm going to be using a 300R as well and I was planning to direct my CPU cooler (be quiet! PURE ROCK) to direct air out the back and put the rear stock fan to the top so it would exhaust air up. Then put a second fan alongside the stock front fan to help intake/push more air. But then I found a deal and decided to put two intake upfront and 2 rear exhaust - 1 in the back 1 uptop. After about 3-4 fans in a case it seems the temperature doesn't change by much.