Gaming pc, need advice

FuzzyLobster

Im trying to spend as little as possible of a pc that will last for a long time and play the games i want to play. Are their any changes that i should make? im not adding an ssd or overclocking. Thanks for reading http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4Gnz3C

Im trying to spend as little as possible of a pc that will last for a long time and play the games i want to play. Are there any changes that i should make? https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ NOTE im not adding an ssd. Thanks for reading

bad link 

copy the part where it says permalink

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Im trying to spend as little as possible of a pc that will last for a long time and play the games i want to play. Are there any changes that i should make? https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ NOTE im not adding an ssd. Thanks for reading

wrong llink

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Im trying to spend as little as possible of a pc that will last for a long time and play the games i want to play. Are their any changes that i should make? https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ NOTE im not adding an ssd or overclocking. Thanks for reading

Wrong link; use the 'Permalink' at the top of the part list in the edit view

Im trying to spend as little as possible of a pc that will last for a long time and play the games i want to play. Are their any changes that i should make? im not adding an ssd or overclocking. Thanks for reading http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4Gnz3C

looks good 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

What games you looking to play?

Get an SSD, It is an essential!

With an SSD what benifits do i get besides start-up times?

You're missing a CPU Cooler, just keep that in mind. I do not believe that the Skylake CPU's ship with a cooler in the box, but I may be wrong.

You're missing a CPU Cooler, just keep that in mind. I do not believe that the Skylake CPU's ship with a cooler in the box, but I may be wrong.

Only the "K" series Skylake CPUs don't have coolers

Everything loads faster.

Agreed. I loaded my Windows onto an SSD for the first time, and I will never ever turn back now. All of my programs that are loaded on it launch super fast.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($215.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($294.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $806.83

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-05 18:40 EST-0500

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

What games you looking to play?

BO3 and any furture CODS. I want this pc to last a while, thats why im getting a good GPU

Only the "K" series Skylake CPUs don't have coolers

Ahhh there we go. I didn't even notice the fact that he had a non-K skew.

only the k series... hes getting a non k chip si it will come with a heatsink

With an SSD what benifits do i get besides start-up times?

if you load your games on it as well your loading times will be much faster as well 

i put everything on ssds except for mass media storage, thats about the only thing i would use mechanical drives for any more 

Not sure either. Ill look into that, thanks

only the k series... hes getting a non k chip si it will come with a heatsink

if you load your games on it as well your loading times will be much faster as well 

i put everything on ssds except for mass media storage, thats about the only thing i would use mechanical drives for any more 

I know how fast ssd's are compared to HDD's, but to me its not worth the $50 for faster load times

Not sure either. Ill look into that, thanks

No you're good. I was corrected. I didn't see that you had a non-K skew. The 6600 does come with a heatsink so you don't really have to worry about it, unless you want to add another roughly $30 and get a hyper 212 evo

I how fast ssd's are compared to HDD's, but to me its not worth the $50 for faster load times

it isnt only the load times though 

ssds are quieter and last longer less chance of data loss 

I know how fast ssd's are compared to HDD's, but to me its not worth the $50 for faster load times

If you are only wanting to play CoD I hate saying this but unless you get an amazing PC may want to consider a console. CoD has a long history of being terribly optimized for console.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000