Asus Xonar U7 External Sound-Card?

TheAwesomeGuy

I have been looking at some external sound-cards and i've found the Asus U7 and i couldn't find very many reviews but it seemed to be good card. It is a external sound-card because i want to use it on my laptop too.

It's mainly for listening to music but also gaming. I have the Steelseries Siberia v2 headset and I'm currently using the onboard sound. Will i be able to hear a differerence? And if so will it be worth the $100?

I have the Steelseries Siberia v2 headset and I'm currently using the onboard sound. Will i be able to hear a differerence? And if so will it be worth the $100?

Nope, they might re-equalize your headphones though if they still have that 10 Ohm output impedance since they have such a low impedance.  I'd say that it'll most likely be an overall minus unless your laptop's onboard is really bad.

Not really unless you want surround sound speakers on your laptop.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Not worth it, grab a FiiO E10 if you want to go external. Grab an E7k or E17 if you want to use it with your phone as well as laptop.

• 1 month later...

HI all, I too own a SV2 headset, and was wondering if i should get the asus xonar u7 card for my computer, currently using onboard sound from z68 giga mobo...

i notice some of you guys would recommend FiiO E10, E7k or E17, but those sound cards do not have mic output, are there other reccomended cards.

p.s i have no slots available in my mobo to support internal sound cards :P

HI all, I too own a SV2 headset, and was wondering if i should get the asus xonar u7 card for my computer, currently using onboard sound from z68 giga mobo...

i notice some of you guys would recommend FiiO E10, E7k or E17, but those sound cards do not have mic output, are there other reccomended cards.

p.s i have no slots available in my mobo to support internal sound cards :P

Just plug your mic into the motherboard, and you can grab a better solution for the money now.

Look at the o2 amp, we have a 5% off for LTT members.

Hi mayflower thank you for your response, pardon i am not very audio savvy but i am curious to know more about the audio industry.

If you could enlighten me  why would using this sound card "Asus Xonar U7" not benefit compared to the on-board sound i am currently using.

i was iniatially leaning to either the

1. Asus Xonar U7

2. Creative Sound Blaster X-fi usb

3. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro

Hi mayflower thank you for your response, pardon i am not very audio savvy but i am curious to know more about the audio industry.

If you could enlighten me  why would using this sound card "Asus Xonar U7" not benefit compared to the on-board sound i am currently using.

i was iniatially leaning to either the

1. Asus Xonar U7

2. Creative Sound Blaster X-fi usb

3. Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro

Read the FAQ at the top of the audio forum.

Sound cards are useless.