Phanteks Evolv m-ITX build.

Deuterocanon

Hello everyone!

So this project isn't really a "wow dream build, big hardware, custom waterloop" build. 
This is just regular computer that I enjoy playing Elder Scrolls Online and Heroes of Newerth on!

Here's a pic of the old computer before changing form factor.

31oW8jD.jpg?1

Speccs for new computer:

Chassie: Phanteks Evolve | CPU: Intel i5 4670 @ 3.8 GHz | Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S24 | GPU: Asus GTX970 STRIX OCII | PSU: Corsair RM650 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB 1600 MHz | MB: ASUS Z97I-PLUS mITX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1.0 TB

Also, big shoutout to @MetallicAcid for always keeping me motivated to keep going, his builds are the best in the world. Check him out!

And a shoutout to C4B12 at the SweClockers.com forum for all the help, tips and trixs and so on.

Hello everyone!

So this project isn't really a "wow dream build, big hardware, custom waterloop" build. 

This is just regular computer that I enjoy playing Elder Scrolls Online and Heroes of Newerth on!

Here's a pic of the old computer before changing form factor.

31oW8jD.jpg?1

Speccs for new computer:

Chassie: Phanteks Evolve | CPU: Intel i5 4670 @ 3.8 GHz | Cooler: Fractal Design Kelvin S24 | GPU: Asus GTX970 STRIX OCII | PSU: Corsair RM650 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB 1600 MHz | MB: ASUS Z97I-PLUS mITX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1.0 TB

wow nice! i want to do that so bad too but my 390x is gonna throttle the fuck out of me and might not even fit since it is a 3 slot card. for a non-k proc you can go with a cheaper board tho that board expensive.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Parts came in, thank you Inet.se for fast delivery as always.

Finished for time being in picture below!

IXYNdU2.jpg?1

This case is really sexy, feels awesome to be building in. 

So.. I wanted to make this a black and white build and decided to paint some parts white.

I really wanted to try plasti dip, so I did.
And my feelings about plasti dip is still mixed, I love how easy it is to paint with it, but I dont really like how the paint feels.

It feels heavy, and it feels like it slows down airflow.

I also mounted the radiator in the front, for better airflow for my Corsair SP120's.

zWNPGpx.jpg?1

At this part I was mad, i didn't really like it..

I mean it looks good considering I had never painted like this before, but I just didn't like it.

So, I ordered a NZXT white LED-strip and put it in.

Don't bother about the mounting of the damn thing, the controller has now been moved and I will take pictures of it later today.

I'm not a fan of lights and flashy stuff, I like it clean and subtle.

But considering that the case windows is tinted I think it turned out pretty well. (will post pic of side panel on later today)

I also moved the radiator to the top again, the stock 220mm fan at the front was doing a better job cooling the whole thing.

XsueYtY.jpg?1

At this point I was furious, I think it looks absolutely awful.

But then again, I fixed it later on. 

Bonus picture of my setup.

xeOcA33.jpg?1

Don't bother about the paint and scratches on the wall, the room will be renovated in a month.

And I know, the picture is dark, the camera on my Samsung Galaxy S6 can't really deal with dark rooms.

I will update later today of the finished pics on the computer, I'm now happy with it... I think...I don't know...

I just ordered fittings for the build, in case I wanna' watercool it.. :)

wow nice! i want to do that so bad too but my 390x is gonna throttle the fuck out of me and might not even fit since it is a 3 slot card. for a non-k proc you can go with a cheaper board tho that board expensive.

Yeah I know, the motherboard is a bit overkill for a non-K CPU, but the CPU will be changed later this fall/winter. Thanks for showing interest! 

• 1 month later...

Here it is, ready for now. This system is right now in the market of being sold. If someone's interrested in buying it, don't hesitate to contact me. 
Thank you!

t56qWb9.jpg?1