How's my future PC?

wolfie495

Before I buy it which will be soon, is there anything that i can improve on? any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. btw this will be my first build

My budget was around 1000 dollars and I think this is a perfect build, only if the 970 would light up like the 980 does D: I was going to get an SSD without a hard drive because i don't use much space however a hard drive is cheaper, soon it might be the opposite, hopefully. I wanted a blue build, so i went with the Asrock board, however i do have a liquid CPU cooler so i can take advantage of overclocking so should I boost the motherboard to an Extreme 6? I hope my choice of case fans and the power supply are good, i heard the EVGA supernova is frowned upon and i wont mind paying more for another one. Also how does a liquid CPU cooler work and how would i prepare and take care of it, does it somehow come with a liquid in it already or do i fill it up with water or another liquid somehow? thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ntjxzy

Looks good but get a SSD

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

To be fact i would save the money on the fans and get them later down the track with the 48 dollars from the fans you migh able to change the HDD to SSD. Also i could get air cooler... because 140mm AIO aren't that good and is quite loud try noctua D14 or something similar. The rest of your build is pretty good. 

Magical Pineapples

Here's what I would do: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TCCYxr

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

To be fact i would save the money on the fans and get them later down the track with the 48 dollars from the fans you migh able to change the HDD to SSD. 

will do, thanks

Before I buy it which will be soon, is there anything that i can improve on? any recommendations or advice would be much appreciated. btw this will be my first build

My budget was around 1000 dollars and I think this is a perfect build, only if the 970 would light up like the 980 does D: I was going to get an SSD without a hard drive because i don't use much space however a hard drive is cheaper, soon it might be the opposite, hopefully. I wanted a blue build, so i went with the Asrock board, however i do have a liquid CPU cooler so i can take advantage of overclocking so should I boost the motherboard to an Extreme 6? I hope my choice of case fans and the power supply are good, i heard the EVGA supernova is frowned upon and i wont mind paying more for another one. Also how does a liquid CPU cooler work and how would i prepare and take care of it, does it somehow come with a liquid in it already or do i fill it up with water or another liquid somehow? thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ntjxzy

The aio's or the pre made coolers come non serviceable besides the swift tech version, or the new predator so you don't ever have to worry about topping it off or Filling. Unless you're set on the liquid cooling, I'd look into the cooler master hyper 212 Evo, as it is one of the most successful air coolers out. The power supply looks fine, and the rest is pretty good

ill rather have a gtx 970 because of aesthetics wise, plus i might take advantage of g-sync

Spring for the Asus strix if possible as it is one of the best variants of the 970

The aio's or the pre made coolers come non serviceable besides the swift tech version, or the new predator so you don't ever have to worry about topping it off or Filling. Unless you're set on the liquid cooling, I'd look into the cooler master hyper 212 Evo, as it is one of the most successful air coolers out. The power supply looks fine, and the rest is pretty good

i dont have to worry about it ever? magic lol

Spring for the Asus strix if possible as it is one of the best variants of the 970

Strix is not really that good, alot of their cards have coil whine... even 980ti...

Magical Pineapples

Strix is not really that good, alot of their cards have coil whine... even 980ti...

have put three of them in buddies rigs and haven't had the slightest bit of coil whine even with 2/3 of them pushed past 1500mhz

Not the 970, the 980tis are really good but the Strix 970s generally suck ass; they have bad OCs and bad coil whine (yes, I have one)

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

have put three of them in buddies rigs and haven't had the slightest bit of coil whine even with 2/3 of them pushed past 1500mhz

Well lucky them.. i had 3 of my friends who got strix 980ti and all got massive choil whine. If you in USA i would get EVGA because customer service are great. 

Magical Pineapples

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($75.69 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($76.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($62.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $996.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 23:33 EST-0500

sorry overbudget 10$

EDIT : overbudget 77$ you can lower the CPU

Looks good but get a SSD

Why ?

Edited by SPAS-ID

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($75.69 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($76.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($62.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $996.50

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 23:33 EST-0500

sorry overbudget 10$

Why ?

s340 x2

I would suggest a better cpu cooler and a 240GB+ ssd.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($226.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Mushkin ECO2 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($319.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($124.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.98 @ Mac Mall)
Total: $1076.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 23:35 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I would suggest a better cpu cooler and a 240GB+ ssd.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.99 @ NCIX US)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($64.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($102.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Mushkin ECO2 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card ($319.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case ($124.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ Mac Mall)

Total: $1076.78

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 23:35 EST-0500

The previous build put him in an i7 for $50 cheaper. He can always build without an ssd and add one later. Or he could bump the cooler down to say a 212 Evo and be a bit over budget but still squeeze the 240gb ssd in

The previous build put him in an i7 for $50 cheaper. He can always build without an ssd and add one later. Or he could bump the cooler down to say a 212 Evo and be a bit over budget but still squeeze the 240gb ssd in

That may be, but it is in a case other than the OP's first pick and the cpu price is based on picking it up in-store at a Micro Center.

The Hyper 212 Evo overhangs a memory slot making use of G.Skill Ripjaws X modules in that bank problematic,

Adding an ssd after the fact is a major pain. It would be better to start with the ssd and add an hdd later.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I would recommend an i7 over an i5 even if you have to skip the ssd. I sold mine, and the benefits gained weren't worth it to me. I boot Windows 10 pro in something like 11-15 seconds from a WD blue drive and that's plenty for me. All I do is play csgo and Gta 5 so the only thing the ssd could do is help Gta 5 load. The rest of my tasks aren't storage dependent.