Increased core voltage of Gigabyte 970 by +80

Hey guys, I've increased my core voltage of my 970 by +80 after watching a video by Jayztwocents. He said there isn't much to worry about  doing so when overclocking. That said, Jay does liquid cool and I do not. Anyway, I seem to be at a stable overclock. I was wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with a 900 series GTX card with their voltage turned up that high. My temps seem to be around the mid 70's max. 

Again, my card is a Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce (non G1)

What are your thoughts?

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here as this was my first post.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

The GTX 970 has a very low power limit so you can max out the power without damaging your card.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

No rules broken. Don't sweat it! 

Welcome to the forums! Follow your topics with the button in the top right of your original post.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

As long as your temps aren't going through the roof and you're not crashing, you're probably fine.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Wow! Thanks for such a warm welcome guys, I really appreciate it. It's good to know that I'm not going to blow my GPU out. :D So does it ultimately come down to temperatures when dealing with voltage? Is there any other type of barometer that implies when enough is enough?

It will keep its temperatures in check by throttling if necessary, but it looks like you're not getting that issue anyways.  The only risk of increasing voltage would be the inherent risk of having a high voltage (as I said, the temps are fine).

One other thing to note, if you are trying to get the most out of it, make sure you increase your power limit up from 100% to whatever it will let you do; most of the time your performance will be capped by this more than anything else

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I was sure to crank the power limit ;) 

Thanks again everyone!