First build, need help

Lhn2787

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xpNhQ7

I made a post about something similar to this earlier today, guess that topic is dead.

Is this build alright? Or should I replace something with something else?

Budget is $500. Thanks.

The main game will be gaming I guess? I think it's a good build overall for that budget, not really familiar with that GPU though 2GB may be a little on the small side. Perhaps go for a GPU with more VRAM and/or try to fit in an SSD, although for light gaming that GPU will probably be fine. The SSD will give a welcome improvement in startup times and some loading times if you install programs on it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Overall i think pretty solid for normal gaming on lower settings. You should consider that a dual core is no longer supported by some newer games and I fear that this will carry on in the future... But I believe there are some "injector" apps for this, since the i3 dual has a very solid single core performance. Also you might be able to get a cheaper mobo if you don´t care much about fancyness (but that just would be like 20 bucks). I think you don´t really need to buy a seperate cooler (you can always buy one afterwards if the cpu runs too hot).

Hint: Austin Evans (Youtuber) has a collab video with Linus on his channel where he gives away a $500 PC they built. I think the giveaway ist still running soo :D

Using toilet paper both-sided: sucess lies in your hands.