Feedback for cubic case?

NicolaZanarini

Hey guys

Here are some renders of a cubic case me and some friends have come up with  - the idea is to have the side-panels fully interchangeable, as well as the frames and the round fans frames. 
The motherboard and all the components are attached to a center plate, so if you want to rotate it all that needs to happen is pulling the plate out and re-inserting it the other way around.
For dust-proofing there is a second set of side-panels you can put filters on and fix the fans/rads to, and on top go the out side panels.
Since all is interchangeable you would be able to choose the color scheme, window disposition, fan disposition, bays, and what have you.

Here are some renders of the project;

Any feedback is appreciated :)

post-233788-0-59631700-1446593534.jpg

post-233788-0-43642500-1446593538.jpg

post-233788-0-83316200-1446593540.jpg

post-233788-0-48679300-1446593543.jpg

post-233788-0-68541600-1446593545.jpg

Intel Core i7 4790KK @4.2Ghz; AsRock Z97M OC Formula; HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 @1866; Zotac GTX970 @1532; 7510; Defcon One Final prototype; 2x 2TB seagate HDD,1 x Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD1x Kingston SSD now V300 240GB; Corsair CX600M; 2x LG full HD 21.5"; Seidon 120V with Jetflow 120mm fan; CM Devastator; A4 Tech Bloody V2M Sanguinante2.1 Trust surround; Win 10 Pro 64 bit

My only real strife with this, is with the circular openings, if its such a symmetrical shape of a cube and circles, and then the circles are placed right next to each other with a larger space between the 2 sets, just feels a bit weird to me

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Micro ATX?

That looks really good! I am not a huge fan of cubic cases, but this one looks pretty good! I like the LTT color scheme :D

Thanks man :D and the color scheme is actually a happy accident xD

My only real strife with this, is with the circular openings, if its such a symmetrical shape of a cube and circles, and then the circles are placed right next to each other with a larger space between the 2 sets, just feels a bit weird to me

Well, for the "|4 fan side" yes, had to be done to avoid the fans touching internal such as SSDs etc - do you think ti breaks the overall design too much?

Love the look of black and orange 

Micro ATX?

ATX :)

Intel Core i7 4790KK @4.2Ghz; AsRock Z97M OC Formula; HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3 @1866; Zotac GTX970 @1532; 7510; Defcon One Final prototype; 2x 2TB seagate HDD,1 x Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB SSD1x Kingston SSD now V300 240GB; Corsair CX600M; 2x LG full HD 21.5"; Seidon 120V with Jetflow 120mm fan; CM Devastator; A4 Tech Bloody V2M Sanguinante2.1 Trust surround; Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The main reason I am not a huge fan of cubic cases is because they try to take up as little space as possible, usually. But height is usually the least important dimension, followed by depth, and then width. And so by making it twice the height but half the thickness, they usually can fit places better. But I like it to the point to where I would make it fit, it looks sweet! Have you thought about putting one of those massive 200mm fans on it instead of four smaller ones?

Well, for the "|4 fan side" yes, had to be done to avoid the fans touching internal such as SSDs etc - do you think ti breaks the overall design too much?

I dont think it necessarily "breaks" the design, I just feel its something which personally would just bug me a little bit.

Would you think itd be possible to space the circles even just a little bit? I think it might help as the colour of the circles are touching, maybe adding even like 1cm of black space might make it feel a little better

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

The main reason I am not a huge fan of cubic cases is because they try to take up as little space as possible, usually. But height is usually the least important dimension, followed by depth, and then width. And so by making it twice the height but half the thickness, they usually can fit places better. But I like it to the point to where I would make it fit, it looks sweet! Have you thought about putting one of those massive 200mm fans on it instead of four smaller ones?

It should be possible, but I'm afraid on one side only, given that on the others it might bother the motherboard plate - but if there is enough feedback/community feels like it's something we need to implement, we will :D

I see you point about space, that's why we tried to keep it as small as it could allow, withotu driving anyone mad when assembling it - 43 sounds like a good number, it's almost the answer to everything ;)

I dont think it necessarily "breaks" the design, I just feel its something which personally would just bug me a little bit.

Would you think itd be possible to space the circles even just a little bit? I think it might help as the colour of the circles are touching, maybe adding even like 1cm of black space might make it feel a little better

Uhm, I see - yeah, they are pretty close, but it's a matter of making the opening modular for single fans and radiator alike - spacing them out more would require a separate hole for rads, and that would weaken the sheet metal too much methinks - but maybe something can be done, will look into it :)

Uhm, I see - yeah, they are pretty close, but it's a matter of making the opening modular for single fans and radiator alike - spacing them out more would require a separate hole for rads, and that would weaken the sheet metal too much methinks - but maybe something can be done, will look into it :)

A solution might be perhaps making the circle colour accents thinner perhaps? Not sure how it might look but might help a little?

Are you planning to actually build this btw? :)

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
Case:

I created a DIY case and it reminds me of yours actually. This one is not a cube, but rather a full ATX case as small as possible with a 3 fan GPU, a 750W PSU, a full size ATX motherboard, and a 212 evo. I think it turned out awesome, home depot here has some good prices on angle-aluminum. we made the case out of that, some arcylic plastic I stole from an old TV, and the backlighting "sheet" from an old LCD monitor. Its the cablemod sponsored PC in my signature if you want to see it!

A solution might be perhaps making the circle colour accents thinner perhaps? Not sure how it might look but might help a little?

Are you planning to actually build this btw? :)

Will look into that, maybe they can thinned without weakening them too much :)

And yes, it will soon be available along with other stuff in our crowdfunding :)

I created a DIY case and it reminds me of yours actually. This one is not a cube, but rather a full ATX case as small as possible with a 3 fan GPU, a 750W PSU, a full size ATX motherboard, and a 212 evo. I think it turned out awesome, home depot here has some good prices on angle-aluminum. we made the case out of that, some arcylic plastic I stole from an old TV, and the backlighting "sheet" from an old LCD monitor. Its the cablemod sponsored PC in my signature if you want to see it!

Just saw it - looks amazing! :D great job mate, I like both the idea and the execution :)

The other projects are pretty cool too, you really know your wait around DIY  :D