Mobo getting stuck on stupid led codes

Go to solution Solved by HectiKCookiE,

So I took it to the shop and... It booted fine! Took it home it worked fine over hdmi then tried display port and it stops working it didn't take me long to figure out the display port on my card was bad, so I swapped the top and bottom cards around and boom all fixed. Now I can play fallout 4 on launch day!

Specs in sig, so my mobo refuses to post and will give me one of the below post codescodes.

62 (installation of the pc runtime services)

A6 (detect and install all currently connected SCSI devices)

What I have tried,

Single stick of ram

Single gpu

Intel graphics

Disconnect all drives

Remove sound card

Reset cmos

Remove cmos battery

Second bios

Power off at psu switch

Disconnect power cable

Can't remember what order I did them in though, any help or suggestions?

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

62 can be dead IMC on your chip, I know that from a personal experience, lol.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

RMA the motherboard.  ;) You will get a replacement.

Normally I would but fallout 4 comes out in like 7 days! So rma at this point is just not an option :(

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

Normally I would but fallout 4 comes out in like 7 days! So rma at this point is just not an option :(

You still won't be able to play the game with broken motherboard.  :lol:

Give me a boost. 

62 can be dead IMC on your chip, I know that from a personal experience, lol.

What is Imc? And by chip do you mean CPU?

You still won't be able to play the game with broken motherboard.  :lol:

I was hoping someone might know how to fix it

I was hoping someone might know how to fix it

If it is dead IMC, you can't fix it. Look for the meaning of LED codes in the manual. What motherboard is it? I can look it up for you if you don't have the manual.

Give me a boost. 

That stupid LED codes can help debugging the Problem. Open the Manual on the Motherboard look for "LED Codes"

I did in op I listed what the codes mean

Well, if it turns out your board is borked, then what option do you have than to RMA it?

Even if it means missing out on Fallout 4 in a few days time, it's better to just miss something than have hardware that simply doesn't work.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Well, if it turns out your board is borked, then what option do you have than to RMA it?

Even if it means missing out on Fallout 4 in a few days time, it's better to just miss something than have hardware that simply doesn't work.

That's exactly what I meant when I said RMA the motherboad. But it seems like a stupid game is far more important than working PC  :lol:

Give me a boost. 

If it is dead IMC, you can't fix it. Look for the meaning of LED codes in the manual. What motherboard is it? I can look it up for you if you don't have the manual.

Don't want to be a smart ass but please read my full original post

Don't want to be a smart ass but please read my full original post

Yeah, I've seen it, sorry mate. The only option here is: RMA.

Give me a boost. 

What is Imc? And by chip do you mean CPU?

integrated memory controller on your CPU, most likely a dead cpu.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

If worst comes to worst I could get a refund (thanks aussie law) or rma it but I was really hoping some one would know what to do

integrated memory controller on your CPU, most likely a dead cpu.

Well that's good the shop I brought it from will probably just do a straight swap over (they have done in the past) the mobo would have been harder since they no longer stock it

Well that's good the shop I brought it from will probably just do a straight swap over (they have done in the past) the mobo would have been harder since they no longer stock it

If possible ask for another motherboard in the same price range. 

Give me a boost. 

If possible ask for another motherboard in the same price range. Over here it is possible.

I really like my mobo, why do you think I should get a new one?

I really like my mobo, why do you think I should get a new one?

You don't really have a choice... I'd rather wait a week or two. 

Give me a boost. 

You don't really have a choice... I'd rather wait a week or two.

Sorry I had it in my head that I was just the dead cpu, but anyway I'll find out tomorrow when I take it back

Sorry I had it in my head that I was just the dead cpu, but anyway I'll find out tomorrow when I take it back

Might be a dead MOBO and CPU... I hope it is only one of them. Good luck mate.

Give me a boost. 

So I took it to the shop and... It booted fine! Took it home it worked fine over hdmi then tried display port and it stops working it didn't take me long to figure out the display port on my card was bad, so I swapped the top and bottom cards around and boom all fixed. Now I can play fallout 4 on launch day!