Video looks terrible

So I recorded a video with my Nikon D7000 and it looks terrible any tips? 

CPU: i7 4790k GPU: GTX 970 RAM: 2x8GB 1866 MHz Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Pro

Its not the best video but I don't see any specific issues?

you need more lighting for a start, unless you were specifically looking for a gloomy atmosphere

Also it depends what glass you are using, and if it has had any post processing, I grade EVERYTHING

It's a DSLR, does it look like it was made for video

that is such a bullshit answer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Lens and lighting?

It's a DSLR, does it look like it was made for video

What?  Such an ignorant post.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Lens and lighting?

What?  Such an ignorant post.

nikon 50mm 1.8 D

CPU: i7 4790k GPU: GTX 970 RAM: 2x8GB 1866 MHz Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit Pro

nikon 50mm 1.8 D

What were the recording settings?  Were you recording at 1.8? ISO?

What were the recording settings?  Were you recording at 1.8? ISO?

f8, 640 ISO

f8, 640 ISO

those seem fine, I suggest changing the lighting or go a bit lower with the aperture.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

f8, 640 ISO

Is there anything specific about the video that you would say makes it look bad?  The lighting on the wall does give it a somewhat terrible colour hue but other than that seems fine.  Were you far enough away from the subject to properly focus as well?  The closer you are to minimum focusing distance, many times equals a drop in sharpness.

Using a faster aperture to try to minimize ISO noise would be a great idea as well.

Is there anything specific about the video that you would say makes it look bad?  The lighting on the wall does give it a somewhat terrible colour hue but other than that seems fine.  Were you far enough away from the subject to properly focus as well?  The closer you are to minimum focusing distance, many times equals a drop in sharpness.

Using a faster aperture to try to minimize ISO noise would be a great idea as well.

Not realy, what doyou suggest to use instead of spinning cake plate?

Not realy, what doyou suggest to use instead of spinning cake plate?

Try using white light, the green/yellow hue of the light now looks pretty bad ):

Try using white light, the green/yellow hue of the light now looks pretty bad ):

Thanks for advice

So I recorded a video with my Nikon D7000 and it looks terrible any tips?

Keep in mind that the Nikon D7000 is the successor to the D90 which was the first DSLR to include video, and the video quality was shitty.  The D7000 is also a camera before Nikon seriously started considering the implementation of video in their cameras, and I can tell you that up to the release of their previous flagship Nikon D4 the quality of the video feature in NIkon cameras remained inconsistent.  The Nikon D4 which had a 16MP sensor produced soft image quality at 1080p video while the D800 which had a 36MP sensor produced sharper videos at 1080p.

As people have suggested, you could use better quality glass and definitely should use brighter more consistent color temperature lights. When recording video, and even photos, don't always go for what the camera considers correct exposure.  Especially when you are recording a "scene" which has extreme differences between light (the walls) and dark (the zenith camera).  I would recommend using a bit of over exposure (a.k.a. leaning towards the right) and then adjusting the exposure back in post processing.

Remember, use consistent color temperature lights.  Don't simply go out and buy whatever light you can find that appears "white" to your eyes.  Something that appears white to our eyes does not necessarily mean it's white to the camera.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Lights, lights lights, and maybe a better lazy suzy (auto rotating would be better) xD.