Has any company made a camera for left-handed users? Like, shutter button and grip on the left side?

I've suffered an injury with my right arm and I'm told by the doctor that the expected time to heal is 5 months, more or less, based on my injury (2 more weeks until I can have this cask/casc/casque or whatever this piece of crap thats keeping my arm and hand from moving, and 4 or more months of rehab) as well as progress in rehab, and I'm on my seventh day of living with it after discharge. Since I have been paid to cover an event in two months, anyone know a digital camera body that has its shutter button and grip on the opposite side? If not, can anyone recommend me a mod that can allow me to have a grip and shutter button on the opposite side? Budget for the mod is no more than USD $1000, while the budget for the camera (with grip and shutter button natively on the left side, is $2000 and hopefully a 24-70 f2.8 or f4 lens that doesn't cost more than $1500. Yes, I'm willing to pay that much because my ego won't allow me to cancel an agreement unless I'm actually physically unable to move my legs.

And also, mods like this (please click the link) are NOT what I'm looking for. I do not want an upside down type of camera mod as I've done this before when I had to use both of my bodies in three event coverages and it was very disorienting, uncomfortable, and slow due to confusion with buttons in the middle of work.

Note 1: I am using two Fujifilm XT1's.

Note 2:I am not a fan of battery grips because adding that much weight, no matter how insignificant it sounds or looks like on paper. In practicality... I'd rather just switch the battery like how a soldier would do a tactical reload (setting aside the non-empty magazine for a full one in a dump bag or another pouch) in a war or even training.

Note 3: I could Google it, but since I'm out of town and will be out of town for a week, and in an internet cafe since my ISP thought I didn't pay this month (I always do, on time, and I would've preferred if I could've just paid in advance... like full monthly fees paid once every year), a superstitious internet cafe owner will send out anyone who dares even use Google, Yahoo, and Bing (especially YouTube), because they said it "upsets our customers who are playing online games as it eats up bandwidth" or so what the keeper says... which I think is bullshit, but its their rules... how annoyingly inconvenient as they are the closest internet cafe in terms of where I am currently living in the meantime, while the rest take a 15 minute trip via taxi just to get there, which is a waste of money. So, yes, I'm asking you guys if you can Google it for me as well.

I forgot to mention that the doctor said that while on rehab, the most I can carry with my right hand is pretty much just a smartphone for the sake of safety while I'm not in rehab, so, that should give you guys an idea why I can't use my XT1's as I need a 24-70 equivalent to use, and it is WAY heavier than what the doctor recommends. I don't wanna end up with a screwed up right hand, let alone screwed up right hand. I disobeyed my doctor's advices in terms of rehabilitating my knee back then... guess what happened? I disobeyed it to the point that it needed another surgery.

Just to be safe, I'll follow his advice this time.

No, it's actually become a joke. 

Here you can see Canon using it for April Fool's

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=4516

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No, it's actually become a joke. 

Here you can see Canon using it for April Fool's

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=4516

Do you know any mods that can let me use a camera with my left hand? If the mod means the camera has to be upside down and i have to press the shutter with my left pinky, then nope.

I guess the only actual way would be to get a BG, and use a remote shutter cable to your right hand as you compose with your left.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Do you know any mods that can let me use a camera with my left hand? If the mod means the camera has to be upside down and i have to press the shutter with my left pinky, then nope.

Uh, use a glidecam? 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I guess the only actual way would be to get a BG, and use a remote shutter cable to your right hand as you compose with your left.

This is exactly what what I was thinking and just hold the camera by the lens.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Something like this (see image), using a remote shutter release?

http://lifehacker.com/5786572/a-dslr-hack-for-left-handers

18fbqwcm2qnmhjpg.jpg

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Uh, use a glidecam? 

Wouldn't that cripple my flexibility or handling? 

Or shoulder rig it like people do for using their photo camera to record video, this way most of the weight will be on your shoulders and you can use a remote shutter release.  This can be set to be either left or right hand use.

Dslr_Rig_Shoulder_Mount_RL_02.jpg

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Or shoulder rig it like people do for using their photo camera to record video, this way most of the weight will be on your shoulders and you can use a remote shutter release.  This can be set to be either left or right hand use.

Dslr_Rig_Shoulder_Mount_RL_02.jpg

Well, in conjunction to your previous post, this arguably the best solution I've seen so far.

I'll still be waiting for more suggestions so I have more options.

If thats the case, I'd have to carry the camera with my recovering arm. I'm not so sure if you've ACTUALLY read my entire thread unless you can further explain your reply.

I'm simply giving you different options other than holding the camera upside down which you don't want to do.  Modding a camera for left handed use will cost you a lot of money, if anyone does it at all.  It's not like you can open up a camera, take out the internal components and put it in a left handed body, as some of the component designs (i.e. circuit boards) are shaped for right handed body design.

If you're injuries are that serious, you should perhaps talk with your client and tell them you may not be able to do the gig due to medical reasons.

Well, in conjunction to your previous post, this arguably the best solution I've seen so far.

I'll still be waiting for more suggestions so I have more options.

Well other options include using a tripod or some type of system to support the weight of the camera, but of course this will tie you down to keeping the camera in a single location or within a small confined spot.  You can also look for motorized camera supports, there are sliders, jibs, motorized geared systems for controlling zoom and focus rings on lenses, etc. but all of these can add up to a large sum in terms of cost.

Or you have several cameras, all of them or all except one hooked up remotely at different locations in the venue where the event you need to cover is being hosted, use your computer to remotely trigger the shutter for the remote cameras, and you can operate one camera where you will be located.

The main thing is you don't want your right hand to have to support too much weight and perform a lot of movement (e.g. changing camera settings and having to press all the buttons) but you could still perhaps press the button on a remote shutter release?

Here's another system you can consider, where the majority of the weight will be supported by your torso+legs and not your arms.  And your fingers can be used to control a remote shutter release and motors that will control the lens' zoom and focus rings.

The smaller version of this gimbal, which is more than enough to carry your Fuji camera and lens, costs around $1400.00 in the US.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1137174-REG/dji_ronin_m_3_axis_handheld_stabilizer.html

I'm simply giving you different options other than holding the camera upside down which you don't want to do.  Modding a camera for left handed use will cost you a lot of money, if anyone does it at all.  It's not like you can open up a camera, take out the internal components and put it in a left handed body, as some of the component designs (i.e. circuit boards) are shaped for right handed body design.

If you're injuries are that serious, you should perhaps talk with your client and tell them you may not be able to do the gig due to medical reasons.

Well, I didn't know you were going to post another reply, which had the shoulder rig. But oh well, I'd be a hypocrite if I said you should've added that along with your initial reply.

And no, I've never turned down a gig and have no intentions on doing so. Here in my county, turning down a gig, regardless of profession, can seriously cripple any hired talent when they turn down the offer after signing the contract.

Just remembered seeing this a while back, its a system that lets you support the weight of the camera using a harness strapped and braced against your torso.  Perhaps with this type of system, you can continue to use your left hand for adjusting zoom, changing camera settings, etc. while your right hand's fingers can simply press the button on a wireless or wired remote shutter release.

http://www.camcaddie.com/pro/scorpionEXShoulderSupportBundle.php

Dot-Line-DL-0370-Video-Stabilizer2.jpg

Just remembered seeing this a while back, its a system that lets you support the weight of the camera using a harness strapped and braced against your torso.  Perhaps with this type of system, you can continue to use your left hand for adjusting zoom, changing camera settings, etc. while your right hand's fingers can simply press the button on a wireless or wired remote shutter release.

http://www.camcaddie.com/pro/scorpionEXShoulderSupportBundle.php

Dot-Line-DL-0370-Video-Stabilizer2.jpg

That should help.

Oh yeah, one question just out of curiosity, when you read a post, how often do you skim?

If thats the case, I'd have to carry the camera with my recovering arm. I'm not so sure if you've ACTUALLY read my entire thread unless you can further explain your reply.

ACtuallly based on the photo, you hold the grip bar with your left hand, and use the shutter trigger wire with y our right.

ACtuallly based on the photo, you hold the grip bar with your left hand, and use the shutter trigger wire with y our right.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, I guess the OP couldn't figure it out.