Best free torrent program?

Vendetta

Hey so it has been awhile since I've torrented anything and first and foremost I'm not pirating anything (against TOS of ltt forums FYI). I used to use Utorrent a lot but I believe it has gone to shit in the past year or so, heard a lot of things about it being unsecure and pushing real sneaky mining software onto peoples pc's. So my question is what is the best torrent software at the moment?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

bittorrent. 

Edit: if you're going to download windows or something you probably shouldn't. the safest way to torrent is to torrent music, which is pretty shitty so I just use Spotify. 

I've seen lots of people recommend qbittorrent.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I use bittorrent still, and haven't had any problems yet, don't know much about alternatives, but yes Utorrent is crap now

utorrent used be the best imo

now it's full of ads and annoying shit.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

deluge

You're the only one to recommend it, how long have you been using and have any complaints about it?

bittorrent. 

Edit: if you're going to download windows or something you probably shouldn't. the safest way to torrent is to torrent music, which is pretty shitty so I just use Spotify. 

I'll be honest I'm using to get get a ISO of windows 7, I'm not pirating windows or going to torrent a loader or anything. Just want the iso which I can't find anywhere else.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

You're the only one to recommend it, how long have you been using and have any complaints about it?

I'll be honest I'm using to get get a ISO of windows 7, I'm not pirating windows or going to torrent a loader or anything. Just want the iso which I can't find anywhere else.

You still might get some nasty stuff in that iso. I used windows media creation tool to download 10, but I don't think it will go down to 7. At the very least, don't do any online banking or whatever that can grant access to your funds. 

You still might get some nasty stuff in that iso. I used windows media creation tool to download 10, but I don't think it will go down to 7. At the very least, don't do any online banking or whatever that can grant access to your funds. 

Yea I know the iso's can be sketchy, I have the creation tool for W8 and W10 but there isn't one for W7 and microsofts website won't accept my W7 for some reason but I know it works when I enter it while installing W7. Hopefully Avast, MSE and microsoft updates will catch any bullshit that someone will have added into the ISO?

been using it for around a year now, no complaints, no ads, and it's open source. 

Yea I know the iso's can be sketchy, I have the creation tool for W8 and W10 but there isn't one for W7 and microsofts website won't accept my W7 for some reason but I know it works when I enter it while installing W7. Hopefully Avast, MSE and microsoft updates will catch any bullshit that someone will have added into the ISO?

I've heard about malware that can dig its way into the bios dude, so even if you get a new os, it will still come back and bit you in the ass. Also shit like cryptolocker which is ransomware. I have no idea what kind of shit you'll face, so thread lightly.

Edit: didn't ms stop supporting win7 last year? I know they're still supporting businesses and other stuff, but i'm pretty sure they stopped support and updates for the consumer. I maybe wrong, don't quote me on that.

been using it for around a year now, no complaints, no ads, and it's open source. 

Well sounds like I should have gone with that lol, just went ahead and got bittorrent as I've heard about it for a very long time, if it is still popular and recommended I figure it is for a reason. Will check out deluge also down the road.

I've heard about malware that can dig its way into the bios dude, so even if you get a new os, it will still come back and bit you in the ass. Also shit like cryptolocker which is ransomware. I have no idea what kind of shit you'll face, so thread lightly.

Edit: didn't ms stop supporting win7 last year? I know they're still supporting businesses and other stuff, but i'm pretty sure they stopped support and updates for the consumer. I maybe wrong, don't quote me on that.

Nah that was XP they stopped supporting. Would you know of anywhere that I can find an iso for w7?

Deluge is my personal favorite.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Nah that was XP they stopped supporting. Would you know of anywhere that I can find an iso for w7?

I have a preactivated crack 8.1 ISO. But trading ISOs and linking to not legit torrents is against the COC

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I use Transmission-Qt, basically a Windows version of the Mac app.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I have a preactivated crack 8.1 ISO. But trading ISOs and linking to not legit torrents is against the COC

Yea I'm aware, I have W7 key just can't use it to get the iso from microsofts website for some reason. I'm all for cracking windows because of how damn expensive it is but this pc is going to a friend and I don't want him to have to worry about anything.

http://www.pcsteps.com/45-download-windows-7-iso-legally-free/

i just did a quick search and found this.  Idk if it works tho.

Can't be anymore sketchy that pirate bay right? lol I'll give it a go and see if it works.

deluge

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Deluge or qBittorent 

-

It's best to not speak of what pirated software you have. 

Deluge, it just works.

I second that! :D