PCSX2 Pre Rendered Cutscenes

Applesean

One of the main reasons I got into PC gaming was emulation, any PS2 game at a...emm very low price was too good to pass. So I have been playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Job System "ENG Patch" for abit now and the game looks fantastic in 1080p, but it got me thinking, the "pre rendered cutscenes" look the same at 1080P as they do at native ps2 res, so it's not my gpu doing the work for the cutscene cuz it is already pre rendered. Is that true?

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

I believe so, unless the cutscenes are done in-engine, they are essentially just video clips. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong but that is my understanding.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 馃檪

ya you're pretty much right. If the scene is pre-rendered all pcsx2 can do is upscale it to whatever resolution you are playing at. Whatever the game creators pre-rendered and put on the rom, that's all you see.

Well your GPU is doing the work of outputting the frames still... but if it's prerendered then your GPU isn't rendering it and it'll be upscaled to your resolution.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

That's what pre rendered means.聽

Its just playing a video file from the game聽

I believe so, unless the cutscenes are done in-engine, they are essentially just video clips. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong but that is my understanding.

This exactly.

It just upscales them already, video files can't natively be rendered at higher resolutions from the final rendered resolution.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.