How do I set my CPU fan to react to temperature instead of CPU usage?

Vozella

My CPU fan either spins 0% or spins 100% and it seems to be linked to CPU usage instead of temperature. I have a custom fan profile, but it's not working. How do I set it to react to temperature instead of CPU usage?

My CPU fan either spins 0% or spins 100% and it seems to be linked to CPU usage instead of temperature. I have a custom fan profile, but it's not working. How do I set it to react to temperature instead of CPU usage?

Do you have it plugged into the proper fan header?

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

AI Suite from Asus?

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Did you install any software that came with your motherboard?

AI Suite from Asus?

OP has a Gigabyte board?

It is connected to your mobo?

Yes.

Do you have it plugged into the proper fan header?

Yes. I'm sure of it.

AI Suite from Asus?

No. I have my PC specs in my sig.

Did you install any software that came with your motherboard?

OP has a Gigabyte board?

I downloaded Gigabytes App Center then SIV. That's what I'm using for the custom profile.

Have you updated your BIOS? Also its probably something with the Gigabyte Software

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Have you updated your BIOS? Also its probably something with the Gigabyte Software

How do I update the bios? Do I get the file off of the motherboard manufacturers site?

@Vozella , I mean, have you tried that, or speedfan?

Download SpeedFan here is a link http://www.almico.com/speedfan451.exe

I downloaded SpeedFan. What now?

How do I update the bios? Do I get the file off of the motherboard manufacturers site?

I downloaded SpeedFan. What now?

1. Yes

2. Configure it.

Don't start a post without pc specs.

Yes you should be able to get it off their website. I had a gigabyte board before and they have a utility to flash the bios.

So download the utility (i think its called @Bios) and the latest version of the mobo bios from their site. Its pretty easy!

blind_toppick_crop.jpg

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd