Upgrading my pc

Viperadon

Thanks for the reply and didnt realise about the quoting.

Im open to more suggestions about my build such as CPU - Ram - and even a different GPU if you suggest it

A little problem ive been having though is im unsure whether i have enough sata cables or capacity to add more sata cables for fans?

I havent thought about it before now but would it be better to upgrade to a motherboard later that supports USB - C?

Fans don't use sata they use fan headers on the motherboard which are either 3 pin or 4 pin connectors. If you upgrade your PC you should get an intel i5 skylake, AMD isn't really viable these days. Zen is coming out next year for AMD so upgrading to another AMD cpu would be silly. If you upgrade to an i5 you'll need DDR4 ram on skylake and a new motherboard too. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Fans don't use sata they use fan headers on the motherboard which are either 3 pin or 4 pin connectors. If you upgrade your PC you should get an intel i5 skylake, AMD isn't really viable these days. Zen is coming out next year for AMD so upgrading to another AMD cpu would be silly. If you upgrade to an i5 you'll need DDR4 ram on skylake and a new motherboard too. 

Yeah this was built 2012 i think and has ddr3 memory - and suggestions for a new motherboard?

Yeah this was built 2012 i think and has ddr3 memory - and suggestions for a new motherboard?

DDR4 is for Zen when it is released next year and Skylake cpus, not our FX cpus, it isn't compatible.

You don't need a new motherboard for your current system. People are selling off AMD parts cheap on ebay new and used in good condition if you simply must upgrade but in all honesty I don't know your needs or requirements.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

DDR4 is for Zen when it is released next year and Skylake cpus, not our FX cpus, it isn't compatible.

You don't need a new motherboard for your current system. People are selling off AMD parts cheap on ebay new and used in good condition if you simply must upgrade but in all honesty I don't know your needs or requirements.

So for now the best bet is to just upgrade GPU?

So for now the best bet is to just upgrade GPU?

You could run 3 screens off you 660 in all honesty, again I can't really answer what to upgrade as I haven't used your PC and don't know what weaknesses it has. It sounds like you want to upgrade just because? if that's the case then maybe an intel rig would be best depending on your budget?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

You could run 3 screens off you 660 in all honesty, again I can't really answer what to upgrade as I haven't used your PC and don't know what weaknesses it has. It sounds like you want to upgrade just because? if that's the case then maybe an intel rig would be best depending on your budget?

I feel like i could do with an upgrade with it begining to slow down a bit - and some games cant manage running at 60fps anymore; Also i guess in the end im trying to upgrade the computer when i want to rather than when i need to - but mostly for it to buff up a bit again and handle games better