A diy 15.6" 1080p display to pair with a 15.6" 1080p laptop?

I've been looking for options of displays to pair with a laptop that has a 1080p 15.6" display, but the only commercial offerings I could find were ludicrously expensive for what you get panels from asus and gechic at $300CAD and $400CAD respectively. So I've decided to look into using a replacement laptop panel as an external monitor. The laptop has a displayport output so it should just be a matter of finding one that uses embedded displayport and and adapting the connector on the LCD to a full size displayport and power connector for backlight.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive 15.6" 1080p replacement laptop LCD that uses eDP and preferably also be IPS. I know there's tutorials and adapters out there for ipad panels with eDP, but I'd like to try and match pixel density with the laptop.

Laptop screens usually use LVDS, and every producer has its own proprietary configuration that gets adapted internally to eDP or whatever the case may be. It's a lot more complicated than you think. Just buy a 21" monitor.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Laptop screens usually use LVDS, and every producer has its own proprietary configuration that gets adapted internally to eDP or whatever the case may be. It's a lot more complicated than you think. Just buy a 21" monitor.

I have a 21" 1080p monitor already and it's not really close enough in dpi for my taste. I also know full well the pains of proprietary LVDS setups as I've messed around with old laptop LCDs for microcontroller projects.

However, with the more expensive laptops, especially the ones with 4k display options, eDP is integrated onto the lcd driver. LVDS simply requires too many wires at resolutions that high to be practical as it would start to incur too much interference, add higher liability of the ribbon cable breaking, and add too much bulk.

I don't mind a bit of work and could just buy the cheapest 15.6 eDP 1080p IPS i can find, but was hoping there might be someone who's already put the work in and produced an adapter board similar to the case with the iPad display mod.