Using an extension lead for my psu

Go to solution Solved by c_marriott,

Yes. Roughly 750W/220V = 3.4 Amps. The cord is rated for 13 Amps. 

I took this off of a question on Amazon.

Out of curiosity, what extension did you get?

So with my new PC build I have bought a 6 way extension lead for my power supply and monitor to plug into. On the packaging of the power supply it says never exceed 13a im not sure what this means, could someone explain and also would I be able to use my Corsair cx750 modular psu with it.

Yes. Roughly 750W/220V = 3.4 Amps. The cord is rated for 13 Amps. 

I took this off of a question on Amazon.

Out of curiosity, what extension did you get?

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

So with my new PC build I have bought a 6 way extension lead for my power supply and monitor to plug into. On the packaging of the power supply it says never exceed 13a im not sure what this means, could someone explain and also would I be able to use my Corsair cx750 modular psu with it.

That means that the power strip can only handle a maximum of 13 Amps at one time before it trips/burns out. It is more applicable to things that have a start up surge, like a mini fridge, microwave, ac unit, etc. Those have to pull a larger amount of power at start up (which is why you might notice the lights on the kitchen circuit dim a tiny bit for half a second when you start the microwave or when the fridge compressor kicks in). If you are only powering your PC and peripherals on it, then you should be fine. Just make sure that you are not exceeding the total capacity of the entire circuit that the PC outlet is on.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Thanks everyone and if anyone was wondering its a Eurosonic 6 Gang Surge Guard