How to remove group of files/folders

Mister Bombi

So this my look like an useless topic but for some reason Windows 7 is now showing my documents inside a group. It's right there where it says Mis documentos.

4pus.png

I'm a very picky about this stuff and would like to know how to remove or hide it.

MOBO: GIGABYTE 970A-D3 3.0 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X (1050/1500) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM | PSU: Thermaltake TR2 700W | CASE: Zalman Z11PLUS HF1

Most of this is Savegames and config files for programs or just temporary made folders that werent deleted.

Got same much as you:

M7zlzKo.gif

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Most of this is Savegames and config files for programs or just temporary made folders that werent deleted.

Got same much as you:

M7zlzKo.gif

I think you didn't understand what I want. I want to remove the group of documents so it looks like yours.

MOBO: GIGABYTE 970A-D3 3.0 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X (1050/1500) | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM | PSU: Thermaltake TR2 700W | CASE: Zalman Z11PLUS HF1

It's completely normal the way it is, its the way windows works, nothing you can do about it.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I'm not 100% sure if this will accomplish exactly what you want.

But from what I can gather you want to remove folders from the windows "Library" (Pretty much a quick index that displays all similar information inside its library folders. E.g. all documents listed in my documents rather than where they're actually located.

Open windows explorer.

Win Key + E >

Click on Organise in the top left>

Click on Properties (Second from the bottom)>

Highlight everything in the "Library Locations">

Click Remove>

Apply/OK

Edit: The Library Folders aren't actually the folders themselves. Rather an index of other folders.

You could create shortcuts to your actual folders.

e.g. C:\Users\[Your Username]\My Documents

...\My Music

...\My Pictures

etc...

Edit2: You could Add each of these Folders to the Appropriate "Library"

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

It's completely normal the way it is, its the way windows works, nothing you can do about it.

Nope, it is not. When you install Windows, Windows Explorer arranges all your folders in a single "group", regardless of how many folders you have in that library.

What I want to do is remove that group (Mis documentos in the picture).

right click in folder. select group by, and select none.

I thought you was referring to libraries....

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Got same much as you:

M7zlzKo.gif

May I ask you what theme are you using ? I mean, have you modded your windows with rainmeter or other program to make your folders look like this?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

May I ask you what theme are you using ? I mean, have you modded your windows with rainmeter or other program to make your folders look like this?

That just custom theme only rest like "1up start orb" is my work and look of the windows is just modded installation of Windows 7 i called "Howling Night". Theme name is geniun 8 and as name says is based on Win 8 looks. Youll find it on DeviantArt, but lookout though this theme also comes with ExplorerFrame.dll's which if you mess up explorer.exe wont start.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

right click in folder. select group by, and select none.

I thought you was referring to libraries....

Finally! Thank you so much.