Scrapped Monitor

Yakusoku

Hello!

Just fond a Monitor scrapped outside. Was a shame, so I got it there are no visible physical damage. Even the clean film is still on it.

Perhaps it was thrown out because it had no longer its power adapter.

Model: Flatron LG E2060T-PN

Also question is how does power bricks work. Can I just plug in my Asus ROG Swift brick? Or a Laptop one? So I can see if there its a dead screen?

Thanks~!

you will need to find the correct power bricks that supplies the correct amount of wattage (Volts*Amps)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

you will need to find the correct power bricks that supplies the correct amount of wattage (Volts*Amps)

no. You need one with the same voltage and AT LEAST the same amperage. If the PSU is rated at 19V and 3A, a 19V 3,000A one would work fine, but be... less than ideal.

Hello!

Just fond a Monitor scrapped outside. Was a shame, so I got it there are no visible physical damage. Even the clean film is still on it.

Perhaps it was thrown out because it had no longer its power adapter.

Model: Flatron LG E2060T-PN

Also question is how does power bricks work. Can I just plug in my Asus ROG Swift brick? Or a Laptop one? So I can see if there its a dead screen?

Thanks~!

From looking at the owners manual for the 2060 model from LG it uses a 12V 2Amp power adapter:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-E2060T-PN

Looks as though you will need a 12 volt, 2 amp power adapter. Find one from an old router or switch, maybe even some external hard drives. These specs are *usually* on the back of a wall wart. Anything 12 volts and at least 2 amps will work, as stated above by someone else.

Edit: Wow post timing

I tried putting in my Sony Vaio power adaptor (Very old Model) It powered the monitor. It doesnt seem to have any problem with the screen. So it was thrown out because it had no adapter or they didnt need it anymore.

I tried putting in my Sony Vaio power adaptor (Very old Model) It powered the monitor. It doesnt seem to have any problem with the screen. So it was thrown out because it had no adapter or they didnt need it anymore.

Laptop power supplies are (usually) 18-19 volt. You wouldn't want to blow up a perfectly good monitor, would you?

It could be a wide input range like my vizeo TV, but I doubt it...

So if I'm to look for a power brick for its 12V 2A requirement. Do I have to go exactly 12 and 2 or can I get something higher? I'm not sure how it works, so if anyone could give advice it would help.

So if I'm to look for a power brick for its 12V 2A requirement. Do I have to go exactly 12 and 2 or can I get something higher? I'm not sure how it works, so if anyone could give advice it would help.

Basically 12V is a must and amperage it just needs be be >2Amps so you can have say a 3.5Amp one and it wouldn't matter but not less than two.