Frequent Display driver crashing

ed4546
Go to solution Solved by Lord_Karango17,

Download the latest driver from geforce.com, and during the install, elect the "clean install" option. It will remove previous driver files before installing them again.

If that dosent help, the problem may be more serious, like an issue with the gpu itself.

If getting into windows is a hassle because of the crashes, then plug the monitor into the igpu (the display connection on the motherboard), and install the driver that way.

Hi guys, so from the 3rd of September about once every week I will be in a game and suddenly the screen will go black and the whole of Windows will cease to work. Sometimes I have to press the reset switch on my PC to actually be able to do anything than stare at the screen and other times it will crash for a moment and go onto the main Windows screen and popup with a warning notification on the bottom right of the screen saying "The NVIDIA display driver has failed (or something like that) and has successfully recovered". Is this a common issue I can fix? 
My Gaming rig consists of an X4 860K CPU, a GTX 750Ti, Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2 motherboard,500 Watt generic PSU, 8GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM, 120GB HyperX Fury SSD (boot drive) and a 1TB Toshiba 7200rpm HDD as secondary storage. None of my components are overclocked FYI. Thanks in advance! 

7733a8e4c8e96b1c0e47756729ee0ce5.png

55de3863ded00d6bef226c0410793535.png

Download the latest driver from geforce.com, and during the install, elect the "clean install" option. It will remove previous driver files before installing them again.

If that dosent help, the problem may be more serious, like an issue with the gpu itself.

If getting into windows is a hassle because of the crashes, then plug the monitor into the igpu (the display connection on the motherboard), and install the driver that way.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

download the latest drivers direct from the vendor.

use this : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

remove all remains of the old drivers.

boot into safe mode (software above has that option)

install the new drivers.

cross  fingers, toes and eyes and hope it fixed the issue.

It was happening to me too, but because I overclocked my GPU too much. Appareantly my GTX 960 can't do 1500MHz, even though it's running at 1501 wrm I'm playing games. Weird.