Hackintosh

Hi guys, I would like to install OS X Yosemite on my current PC, just curious if I can dual-boot my existing Windows 10 install and OS X without reinstalling Windows. If so, how do I do it without messing up my existing Windows install? I already know how to make a hackintosh USB from the tonymacx86 site. I would like to install on my C drive which has ~70 gb free. Specs in sig.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

i would wait a bit

windows 10 hasnt still worked out all of the kinks

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

i would wait a bit

windows 10 hasnt still worked out all of the kinks

I think you misunderstood my question. I already have Windows 10, I want to know if I can dual-boot OS X without having to reinstall Windows.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I would always recommend installing on a separate drive when hackintoshing,

I would always recommend installing on a separate drive when hackintoshing,

Ok, I might, I have an old 160 GB WD drive laying around but the speeds are really terrible... around 50 MB per second read and write.

First thing's first: Purchase another hard drive or SSD to use as OS X's boot drive. Noire has the right idea when it comes to which drive you should use.

Another issue, that graphics card is not compatible with OS X. For ease of install and stability, I recommend using an Nvidia GPU. More specifically, one of the GPUs listed on the TonyMacx86 Buyer's Guide. However, your CPU, RAM, Storage, and Motherboard should work perfectly on OS X.

When preparing your bootable USB drive, just don't use El Capitan. Not yet, at least. I recommend using Yosemite for the time being, until El Capitan's bugs are squashed and the new version of Multibeast for El Capitan has been released.

Make sure that your motherboard has been set up correctly. I've done some research on your motherboard, and these should be the steps you need to take to configure your motherboard for OS X:

- Load the default settings

- Disable VT-d

- Set xHCI Auto mode

- Disable Intel Processor Graphics

- Activate xHCI Hand-Off

- Activate EHCI Hand-Off

- Set the config. SATA AHCI

- Set the Memory mode to "More stability" (If not, you'll experience random freezes)

After that, you can boot from your USB flash drive and start installing OS X! Just make sure that you have your flash drive plugged in to a USB 2.0 port. Otherwise, you'll encounter issues during the installation. Depending on which graphics card you choose, you may need to use the kernel flag 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' (without the quotes) at startup.

Once the installation is finished and you've rebooted, you'll need to use Multibeast for post-installation. In the Quick Start tab, select DSDT Free and check each driver/kext you need. By looking at your specs and a little bit of research, I'm pretty sure that these are the most of the kexts you'll need:

- ALC 887 Audio

- Realtek 8111F-VL Ethernet

- TRIM Enabler

- USB 3.0

- Depending on your graphics card, you may need GraphicsEnabler=Yes

For additional information, read the Installation Guide on the TonyMacx86 site and if you encounter any issues, you would probably get faster and more accurate answers if you ask on their forums.

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

There is an MBR patch that you can use to install OS X on the windows hard drive without wiping windows.  You can also, and I would recommend this for first time hackintoshers, use niresh.  Niresh has many drivers and already includes the MBR patch to install on windows formatted drive.  It is just a whole lot easier to configure and set up the first time.  

Link to instructions on the MBR patch:

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/08/mountain-lion-mbr-unibeast.html

Link to Niresh Yosemite:

http://www.hackintosh.zone/downloads/download/810-nireshs-yosemite-with-amd-intel-iso-usb/

For Niresh, the download is on the right bar.