Learning more about tech?

JoshK

I want to learn more about everything about computers, I have quite a bit of knowledge already but I would like to learn more about for example what mHz in a GPU means other than that more is better, basically the more technical side of things. I would also like to know more about features on a motherboard and what they mean and more about displays. Also with RAID and how to set one up and doing clean installs and such. Im 16 so its not like I have to learn these things because Im building some balling rig its just out of pure curiosity and another reason I want to learn more especially about displays is because Im going to be starting at Best Buy this thursday and my knowledge about computers and gaming I believe is good for basic consumers needing help, but my knowledge on tvs isnt as much as I would like

Read it, play with it, do it.  That is pretty much all you can do.  If you're curious on how something works go set it up and learn how it works by actually doing it. 

Google is your friend, my friend.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I want to learn more about everything about computers, I have quite a bit of knowledge already but I would like to learn more about for example what mHz in a GPU means other than that more is better, basically the more technical side of things. I would also like to know more about features on a motherboard and what they mean and more about displays. Also with RAID and how to set one up and doing clean installs and such. Im 16 so its not like I have to learn these things because Im building some balling rig its just out of pure curiosity and another reason I want to learn more especially about displays is because Im going to be starting at Best Buy this thursday and my knowledge about computers and gaming I believe is good for basic consumers needing help, but my knowledge on tvs isnt as much as I would like

also you will want to brush up on networking and routers, my friend worked at best buy during the summer, its not too bad but just get a basic sense of what the diferences are

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

also you will want to brush up on networking and routers, my friend worked at best buy during the summer, its not too bad but just get a basic sense of what the diferences are

yessss I forgot to add, networking was also a big part of what I wanted to expand on as well

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techquickie

If you're just looking for a short and to the point intro to specific topics, then that should be well good.

Networking isn't something you learn even the basics of, in a few days, or weeks even.

Edit: Well maybe the very basics of how "it" functions.. But a little more in-depth will take a while.