I believe my phone locked itself to the original carrier

I had gotten a S4 as a present in August. I had a S4 mini before that and I was given an S4 not much of an step up but the person never knew I owned a phone. But to continue my phone just stopped taking my sim card. Naturally I thought it was the sim card tray so I ordered one up and replaced it last night. And its still not working. Then I remembered I had some sims with Fido and Chatr. I am with Wind at the moment and Chatr is the original provider I believe as it was the sim in it when I received it. And out of all three it was Chatr who worked. I would like to note when ever I do an factory reset it always downloads Telusapps but lets me delete them which is why I thought it was unlocked, which makes me unsure about who is the original provider. I don't get why it would take my sim for a month and some and just stop. Thanks in advance.

Edit: To save some time i'll list what I have done to try to fix this

• Factory Wiped
  • Changed sim tray
  • A method I realize was for Android 4.4 and could not continue with
  • Cleared cache
  • Cleaned sims
  • Checked all the connections on phone
  • I broke the screen and replaced that too

I spent so much on it there's no point to not fix it now because of the screen

apple care?

Samsung care?

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

apple care?

Samsung care?

Its a present, I think it was used before and also the person lives in America and was just visiting. I honestly just got the phone itself.

replace this phone with something like lg l65 dual or lenovo a889

because if it locked it self up again there s no fix exepct either smashing this phone with banhamer or buying an unlock code and hoping that it il not lock itself back

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

phones:  main one philips s396 backup samsung sgh-d780

replace this phone with something like lg l65 dual or lenovo a889

because if it locked it self up again there s no fix exepct either smashing this phone with banhamer or buying an unlock code and hoping that it il not lock itself back

Honestly if I get a phone I'm going to upgrade. I'll head out today and check out prices for unlocks and if it happens again ill save for a Nexus 6p. Thanks for your thoughts.

or the bussines might be in the rom did you use ota(at least one time)? because sometimes the phone after ota might lock itself back to original carrier so try reflashing the rom to the rom which comed default

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

or the bussines might be in the rom did you use ota(at least one time)? because sometimes the phone after ota might lock itself back to original carrier so try reflashing the rom to the rom which comed default

Could you explain more please, what is ota? How would I do this? Oh I just got of the phone with people from Chatr and they could do nothing because it was a present and there was nothing they could do. But at least the costumer service was good.

to reflash a rom youl need to do this steps first shut down your phone

then press volume down +power hold the power for 3 seconds than holdvolume down up to the moment when green robot logo shows

now fastly connect usb cable

than go to xda developers forum and find a rom specific to your phone

than dowloand evrething fo flashing the rom

DISCLAMER IT IL VOID THE WARRANTY OF YOUR PHONE ! AND IT MIGHT CHANGE IMEI OF THE PHONE

than do everything that is listed in instructions on xda developers fourm

here s link for full instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

links for the rom dowloand http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SGH-I337M

Main rig aka "Spatra"

to reflash a rom youl need to do this steps first shut down your phone

then press volume down +power hold the power for 3 seconds than holdvolume down up to the moment when green robot logo shows

now fastly connect usb cable

than go to xda developers forum and find a rom specific to your phone

than dowloand evrething fo flashing the rom

DISCLAMER IT IL VOID THE WARRANTY OF YOUR PHONE ! AND IT MIGHT CHANGE IMEI OF THE PHONE

than do everything that is listed in instructions on xda developers fourm

here s link for full instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

Thanks I'm going to try it, I don't have much to lose. My model of phone is i337M is that fine still?

Thanks I'm going to try it, I don't have much to lose. My model of phone is i337M is that fine still?

its fine i gived you link to the rom and instruction

p.s the older the rom than better

Main rig aka "Spatra"

its fine i gived you link to the rom and instruction

Alright ill use it ill tell you how it goes in a bit