Acer Predator X34

Hey guys,

I just recieved an e-mail from amazon that the Acer Predator X34 will be shipped Saturday of Monday.

I'll keep you updated on the BLB or any other problems... Also Pics

EDIT: The monitor just arrived today. I'll test it (never  tested something like this before, if you have any wishes... just send them my way)

https://goo.gl/photos/NrHnJaJiBLkK3A439

https://goo.gl/photos/wmHH3aHb4fKkecAL6

(sry for the poor image quality)

Have a nice day,

JoE

If you are really interested, check my profile ^^

Hey guys,

I just recieved an e-mail from amazon that the Acer Predator X34 will be shipped Saturday of Monday.

I'll keep you updated on the BLB or any other problems... Also Pics

Have a nice day,

JoE

:o

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I cannot wait to get the ASUS PG348Q, looks better, better QC and longer warranty  :)

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

After playing with it, please let us know if it was worth the insane price!

I wouldn't say it is worth the price... but it is defenetly a beast and I won't give it back. I played a bit of Borderlands 2 and Distance on it and it is just insane. No tearing what so ever at this resolution is really enjoyable. The only  negative thing I found is a really silent noise if you go near the panel with your ear.

Banding seems to be resolved and Backlight Bleed is really not that bad for an IPS panel in my opinion (https://goo.gl/photos/pBiz5r1rhXrPTEUX6)

The stand is just very large (I would have preverd the one from the Dell) But out of solid metal and really sleak

Also... the ambient light bar at the bottom is really cool looking :3

I wouldn't say it is worth the price... but it is defenetly a beast and I won't give it back. I played a bit of Borderlands 2 and Distance on it and it is just insane. No tearing what so ever at this resolution is really enjoyable. The only  negative thing I found is a really silent noise if you go near the panel with your ear.

Banding seems to be resolved and Backlight Bleed is really not that bad for an IPS panel in my opinion (https://goo.gl/photos/pBiz5r1rhXrPTEUX6)

The stand is just very large (I would have preverd the one from the Dell) But out of solid metal and really sleak

Also... the ambient light bar at the bottom is really cool looking :3

So for you, what isn't worth the price?  I mean does the screen not look as good as you were hoping?  Is it not smooth gameplay?  Too big?

So for you, what isn't worth the price?  I mean does the screen not look as good as you were hoping?  Is it not smooth gameplay?  Too big?

It is just too expansive... although everything is nearly perfect (besides little humming noise when the screen is totaly white)it is not really worth spending 500€ more for G-Sync and 40 Hz more.

I bought it because I wantet do try it and send it back after a few days ( its has still the foil on the glossy plastic parts). But now I've seen it in person and I'll gladly keep it.

How can you say it has better QC, when it hasn't been released…?

How can it be worse than ACER QC, we know ASUS normally does better QC than ACER (most companies do) also ACER Predator X34 has got so many issues.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Hey what graphics card are you using? Just wondering if my GTX 980Ti is good enough for this beast of a monitor :$

Looks beautiful btw

Hey what graphics card are you using? Just wondering if my GTX 980Ti is good enough for this beast of a monitor :$

Looks beautiful btw

You'll probably want two if you want to max out the refresh rate on ultra settings on newer games

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" (i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM)

It is just too expansive... although everything is nearly perfect (besides little humming noise when the screen is totaly white)it is not really worth spending 500€ more for G-Sync and 40 Hz more.

I bought it because I wantet do try it and send it back after a few days ( its has still the foil on the glossy plastic parts). But now I've seen it in person and I'll gladly keep it.

Have you had the wake from sleep issue where half of the display does not turn on?

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

You'll probably want two if you want to max out the refresh rate on ultra settings on newer games

Yeah only ordered one :$ Maybe I should just go with the new ROG Swift then. 

How can it be worse than ACER QC, we know ASUS normally does better QC than ACER (most companies do) also ACER Predator X34 has got so many issues.

I'm not sure who this "we" is that you're referring to, but in my experience ASUS has released some real duds as well. Also, every company is going to have some sort of failure rate. That's just part of the manufacturing process. It's how a company deals with that failure rate, that is most important. In my experience, ASUS is an absolute terrible company to deal with when it comes to RMAs. It's a painful and tedious process. I've never encountered this with EVGA, MSI, Dell, etc...

I'm not sure who this "we" is that you're referring to, but in my experience ASUS has released some real duds as well. Also, every company is going to have some sort of failure rate. That's just part of the manufacturing process. It's how a company deals with that failure rate, that is most important. In my experience, ASUS is an absolute terrible company to deal with when it comes to RMAs. It's a painful and tedious process. I've never encountered this with EVGA, MSI, Dell, etc...

We know every company has failure rates, however ACER seems to be so much higher, just look at the ACER 1440p or ACER Predator X34, terrible QC on it. If you think ASUS are terrible, wait for ACER customer service.

Have you had the wake from sleep issue where half of the display does not turn on?

I don't know when this is the case... but I usually just turn off my PC without turning of the monitor and it goes right back on when I swith my PC on... (Bit slow though... but I don't mind the 5 seconds)

I don't know when this is the case... but I usually just turn off my PC without turning of the monitor and it goes right back on when I swith my PC on... (Bit slow though... but I don't mind the 5 seconds)

It is when the computer wakes up from sleep, half the monitor does not turn on.

It is when the computer wakes up from sleep, half the monitor does not turn on.

I just read on this Acer forum http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/27 that the Acer engineers might have determined what may cause the half lit issue but the rep is still aware about the display not reaching 100hz and they may still be working on that.   I expect that prices will probably drop in the next few months into early Feb next year.  Especially if the bad reviews start to pile up. The 35" Benq 144hz 2560x1080p has already dropped to $899 I believe and that was $1k at release just a few months ago. 

Like you I have pretty much determined that it may be worth to wait for the Asus and see what problems may develop there if at all.  I was not aware that AUO was Acer in fact who produced the panels for the XB270HU which seemed to be a disaster in terms of QC issues.  As the same type panels are for the PG279Q and XB271HU I'm also following the threads for those monitors.

What other people here should know is that for the PG279Q there is only 16.7 million colors.  For the Acer x34 and PG348Q there are 1.07 billion colors.   That will make a huge difference in color. 

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

I just read on this Acer forum http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Discussions/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/27 that the Acer engineers might have determined what may cause the half lit issue but the rep is still aware about the display not reaching 100hz and they may still be working on that.   I expect that prices will probably drop in the next few months into early Feb next year.  Especially if the bad reviews start to pile up. The 35" Benq 144hz 2560x1080p has already dropped to $899 I believe and that was $1k at release just a few months ago. 

Like you I have pretty much determined that it may be worth to wait for the Asus and see what problems may develop there if at all.  I was not aware that AUO was Acer in fact who produced the panels for the XB270HU which seemed to be a disaster in terms of QC issues.  As the same type panels are for the PG279Q and XB271HU I'm also following the threads for those monitors.

What other people here should know is that for the PG279Q there is only 16.7 million colors.  For the Acer x34 and PG348Q there are 1 billion colors.   That will make a huge difference in color. 

They should be announcing a release date for the ASUS PG348Q this month

On 5.11.2015 at 1:33 AM, techenthused73 said:

What other people here should know is that for the PG279Q there is only 16.7 million colors.  For the Acer x34 and PG348Q there are 1.07 billion colors.   That will make a huge difference in color. 

There is a problem that the Monitor doesn't reach 100 Hz? Never noticed it. I tested it with the "drag a window across the screen"-test with every pull rate I can set in Windows and it got better with every increment... so it seems that I got lucky...