GPU for 2nd PC

Hey guys, I am going to get a new GPU for my G3258 build. I will rarely use this computer and I am thinking about pushing some heavy overclocks on these parts (at least whatever the H81m board will do before exploding.) I have a 650w Cooler Master PSU. I was looking to get either an EVGA GTX 970 or an R9 390 Strix. My problem is that AMD cards can't oc too well and I don't want this PSU to explode. The 390 performs a lot better than the GTX 970 for the price. What should I do? They cost the same.

neither will blow your PSU, and the difference is minute in all but FC4 it seems. though given those specific cards, I'd take the 970

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I was on the same dilemma but with a 4770k and I decided to go with the 390.

I'm a pretty die hard team green fan, but I think it comes down to driver support, TDP, and noise. Since team green is cooler, fans don't have to be as active, therefore noise is down, but I guess the question (as always) boils down to what you want out of the computer.

Also, I didn't think h81m chipsets could overclock?

ASU

Get a 290x if you want oc. G1 for the 970.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Probably going to buy new.

I'm a pretty die hard team green fan, but I think it comes down to driver support, TDP, and noise. Since team green is cooler, fans don't have to be as active, therefore noise is down, but I guess the question (as always) boils down to what you want out of the computer.

H81 CAN overclock but it's not the best idea.

I have a Define R4, but I am getting an AIO (for fun) and I have a side intake fan specifically for overclocking the GPU. Noise isn't really an issue (this is mainly an experiment.) 

Probably going to buy new.

Great.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I would get the G1 but Gigabyte doesn't have the best customer service. It's not bad, they just take a long time to respond. Maybe the SSC model from EVGA?

it does not, some Motherboard can do OC because something, normally H81 CANT OC

Intel something something BIOS update id really know

Will G3258 and GTX970 / R9 390 bottleneck??

Ya. My English isn't very good. I'm not really good in talking English but I'm learning...You making fun with my English, so WHAT??? You get what?? You can just correct the people and this is better than laugh at the people...

Great.

Do they even sell new 290x's anymore? If they are <$300 I'm in.

Will G3258 and GTX970 / R9 390 bottleneck??

Bottleneck doesn't matter, it's going to be so that I can play with friends when they come over. I have the Pentium, might as well upgrade from a GTX 650.

who said that ?

Intel Said this

4c01b46dbb.png

I'll just get a some cheap Asrock Z87 or Z97 board then. I only paid $30 for the H81M motherboard.

I would get the G1 but Gigabyte doesn't have the best customer service. It's not bad, they just take a long time to respond. Maybe the SSC model from EVGA?

I love my g1 970. I haven't had a problem with it as gigabyte uses very high quality components in their products so hopefully you won't ever have to deal with said customer support. And if you do, just RMA through Newegg, who has a very good customer service program.

ASU

I love my g1 970. I haven't had a problem with it as gigabyte uses very high quality components in their products so hopefully you won't ever have to deal with said customer support. And if you do, just RMA through Newegg, who has a very good customer service program.

I'll never buy from Newegg ever again (unless I have to.) They expected me to pay $140 in fees to return a monitor that they were essentially giving away.I managed to get the fees waived but their customer service is nothing compared to Amazon's (they gave me $50 because they couldn't price match a TV for me) or Microcenter (talking to a manager will get you places.) I don't prefer Gigabyte support but the card is undeniably better. Probably gonna get that. Thanks.

Do they even sell new 290x's anymore? If they are <$300 I'm in.

They're probably around the price of a 390 for high end models.

They're probably around the price of a 390 for high end models.

I checked newegg and some are like $280, $290 :3

I checked newegg and some are like $280, $290 :3

What models are those? If a vapour x is amongst them then that's the one to get ;)

What models are those? If a vapour x is amongst them then that's the one to get ;)

The new, good Powercolor model and Double D.

The new, good Powercolor model and Double D.

Pcs+? Don't think their chips are binned but the PCS+ comes with a beefy cooler.