Ram selection

hi, i will build a system with G3258, asus z97 mother board, and

gtx 750 ti.

in the first two months i will be using the iGPU, because i will get the gpu later.

i will play dota 2 only.

i will overclock.

do i need a multi channel ram? how much GB do i need?
what Mhz of ram do i need?

ma spoder senz iz tingling...

For gaming you only really need 1600MHz, and get 8(2x4GB)

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

id put in a standard 8gb 1600mhz kit, but really for those specs you could get away with 4gb of cheap 1333mhz stick if it's for Dota only. In the real world, ram speed makes little difference and it's the capacity that really matters if you need it or not,

if on a budget

just get 1 stick of 8GB RAM

otherwise get Dual channel DDR3 for a total of 8GB

usually iGPU will love faster RAM so see if you can find 1866MHz RAMs which are on sale from Newegg

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I believe that motherboard is total overkill for that CPU, since you can overclock that on even a B chipset board (iirc) but if you are thinking of leaving yourself an upgrade path in the future, good choice :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I believe that motherboard is total overkill for that CPU, since you can overclock that on even a B chipset board (iirc) but if you are thinking of leaving yourself an upgrade path in the future, good choice :)

i will upgrade the CPU after a year or so, to an i5-4690k. :) 

i will upgrade the CPU after a year or so, to an i5-4690k. :)

By then there will be better options. 

By then there will be better options. 

yes, i know. but only then it will be the problem.

i could/may even upgrade it in less than a year as long as i have the funds.

i could even up it to an i7.

For gaming you only really need 1600MHz, and get 8(2x4GB)

you suggesting not dual?

you suggesting not dual?

no, it is dual (2 x 4 GB)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

you suggesting not dual?

lol what @Ryan_Vickers said.

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10