Msi Gtx 970 not working

Ultimate Assassin

I know that on my gpu I have to plug in both 6 and 8 pins. When I do that, my computer beeps 3 times after the starting beep and displays B2 on the bottom right of the screen. I tried clearing cmos, but that didn't work. The gpu came with an adapter, should I use it. I also tried using the 6 pin and the 2 pin on my gpu, it works but led and hdmi doesn't. My psu works fine and I have 850w on it. And no I am not accidentally plugging in the cpu power plug.

How do I plug in both 8 and 6 pin without my computer beeping and showing B2 on the bottom right of the screen?

I know that on my gpu I have to plug in both 6 and 8 pins. When I do that, my computer beeps 3 times after the starting beep and displays B2 on the bottom right of the screen. I tried clearing cmos, but that didn't work. The gpu came with an adapter, should I use it. I also tried using the 6 pin and the 2 pin on my gpu, it works but led and hdmi doesn't. My psu works fine and I have 850w on it. And no I am not accidentally plugging in the cpu power plug.

How do I plug in both 8 and 6 pin without my computer beeping and showing B2 on the bottom right of the screen?

System specs more closely please.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

you may have a bad card

the adapter means nothing, its only for if your psu doesnt have the necessary connectors which an 850 w psu should have more than enough pcie 6+2 pins

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

System specs more closely please.

I5 3570k

Msi gtx 970

Cm storm scout 2 advanced

Msi z77a-g43

Kingston 240 ssd

Barracuda 3tb

you may have a bad card

the adapter means nothing, its only for if your psu doesnt have the necessary connectors which an 850 w psu should have more than enough pcie 6+2 pins

It does. It has 4 pcie connrctors

You can use m-flash with your mobo,go to msi`s website and download the latest bios for your motherboard.You need an usb,there are some turorials online