How hard is bending tubes?

xgn

Hello I'm in progress of building a watercooling loop i have everything setup the only thing remaining is bending the tubes its petg.

To get the right size do you measure 3mm extra then sand it down? I ordered a cheap heat gun with 2 gears 450c & 600c  :)

I'm not familiar with watercooling, but bending something usually goes best by giving the material a chance to settle (so slow movements) and using something as a filler to prevent it from buckling down the center. 

https://www.deheul.com/afbeeldingen/afb2055.jpg

Its easy.... but TAKE YOUR TIME. Lower heat for longer time, keep the tube moving/spinning over heat. Once the tube bends on its own, bend it to the right angle... then hold for 60 sec to make sure its cooled enough that the angle wont change. Practice a few times will help alot

I'm not familiar with watercooling, but bending something usually goes best by giving the material a chance to settle (so slow movements) and using something as a filler to prevent it from buckling down the center. 

https://www.deheul.com/afbeeldingen/afb2055.jpg

if your not familiar with watercooling then you probably shouldnt try and give advice. Petg and hard line tubes come with silicon tubes to keep the tube from buckling. And slow movments wont really help or hinder anything

if your not familiar with watercooling then you probably shouldnt try and give advice. 

Because maybe i've done tube bending unrelated to water cooling. Bending too fast can cause fissures, I don't believe watercooling tubes are any different than from what I handeled. 

Also, don't be an ass, If I disclose my unfamiliarity I'm sure the OP can take it as complimentary advice.

Hello I'm in progress of building a watercooling loop i have everything setup the only thing remaining is bending the tubes its petg.

To get the right size do you measure 3mm extra then sand it down? I ordered a cheap heat gun with 2 gears 450c & 600c  :)

So easy my Nan could do it, don't let your bends be dreams, JUST DO IT!

maxresdefault.jpg

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

ok so another thing the when i tighten down the fittings i can even pull them off with my hands is that normal?

do i just screw them down until they stop or do i need tools for that too?

ok so another thing the when i tighten down the fittings i can even pull them off with my hands is that normal?

do i just screw them down until they stop or do i need tools for that too?

If you can pull them out without much/any resistance then you may have the incorrect sized tubing. Bitspower seem to offer 12mm petg tubing whereas most other companies use 13mm. If you have bitpower tubing you pretty much need bitspower fittings to go with them.

Can you tell us the exact fittings and tubing you purchased?

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

For bending a test bend if your best way to find out how things react in your scenario, say make a mark with a marker and make a bend to see the radius and distance the tube goes out on the bend. 

As for your fittings no they should not pull out once the compression ring is tightened all the way down, what fittings are you using and double check using a pair or calipers to ensure your tubing is within specifications.

If you can pull them out without much/any resistance then you may have the incorrect sized tubing. Bitspower seem to offer 12mm petg tubing whereas most other companies use 13mm. If you have bitpower tubing you pretty much need bitspower fittings to go with them.

Can you tell us the exact fittings and tubing you purchased?

EK hdc 12mm and ek petg tube

Edit 

nvm i just didnt hold the fitting tight when i screw it on the valve i could screw it all the way down and i cant pull it off with just hands.