Mini PCI dock

Wolfire

hi, i got a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 (maybe expand it to a T7800), 4 gb of ddr2 and i am planning to to connect a dock to the mini pci from the pc. so i am going to put a MSi GTX 960 Gaming 4G on the dock. so, is the performances going to be good or it do not worth the try?

your current spec for the laptop is pretty weak to run any intensive games

the CPU is the major bottleneck

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i am playing Payday 2 on low with a Pentium 987 1.50 ghz at a reasonable performances (for me, i always had weak computers) so for me if i can make 30-40 fps at battlefield 4, itll be ok.

also, my dell only have 1 ddr2 slot. can i expand it to to 2 slot?

how are you gonna do that?

physically that is impossible

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If you're used to lower end computers, I'd put the money have budgeted for the work on your laptop off to side and start saving.  When you mess with laptops you are playing with the worst performance per dollar ratio out there.

how are you gonna do that?

physically that is impossible

i mean not 1 slot to 2 slot, i mean add a new slot.

i mean not 1 slot to 2 slot, i mean add a new slot.

adding a new DIMM slot?!

unless your hand are like a machine or you got those industrial soldering machines

impossible

If you're used to lower end computers, I'd put the money have budgeted for the work on your laptop off to side and start saving.  When you mess with laptops you are playing with the worst performance per dollar ratio out there.

i just have 500$ and buying these things wont cost that much. also, i will already have my gtx for my tower. also, i am missing alo of things on pc so i want it now. for the pc spec on my profil, its my future rig.

If you have the rig listed in your profile, scrap your 4G 960 since the memory bus is too slow to make use of it, get a 970 or R9 390 and a SSD.  If you have a Skylake i5 with 16 GB RAM, you should really have a better GPU than the 960.

Are you trolling?

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help.