trust Ifixit for battery replacement iphone 3G?

Go to solution Solved by Techdude154,

I used ifixit for replacing my ipod photo battery when it went and it has been great. The tools were good, tutorials were excellent, and the part works very well. I don't think Linus would let a shady company sponsor his videos.

hey everybody!

a friend of my got a iPhone 3G, with a battery that sucks...

Can I trust Ifixit for the parts?

And are they save with my money, and private information?

Anybody who has some experience with it?

thanks!

Also, sorry if this isn't the right topic, couldn't find one.... :/

I used ifixit for replacing my ipod photo battery when it went and it has been great. The tools were good, tutorials were excellent, and the part works very well. I don't think Linus would let a shady company sponsor his videos.

iFixit is a pretty nice company, I would trust them :)

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

He's still got an iPhone 3??? The part probs cost more than the phone lol.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

he got it for free, from another friend :P and thanks for all your feedback!

hey everybody!

a friend of my got a iPhone 3G, with a battery that sucks...

Can I trust Ifixit for the parts?

And are they save with my money, and private information?

Anybody who has some experience with it?

thanks!

Also, sorry if this isn't the right topic, couldn't find one.... :/

how much do they charge? 50 bucks or what. if its over 100 or 150 i would suggest a new phone..

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

how much do they charge? 50 bucks or what. if its over 100 or 150 i would suggest a new phone..

it's 19.99$ without shipping... he just want to keep it... I've also said it already a lot... he just like the fact that nobody has it and everybody asks wether or not that's an IPhone...

I don't know the price for a new one... Nexus all the way :P (but no hate on Iphones ;) )

is the European version also safe? because it doesn't have that lock-thingywingie on a the address balk.

• 3 weeks later...

ifixit is trustable... and its a 3g so what do you have to loose?

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too