GPU Height Problem.

Azade12

I just plugged all the wires in from the Manual. But. It seems to still like to not power on.i just have my other 4 pin connector lying around any thoughts on that? :/

That one with the green wire, right? That's a 4-pin molex connector, these days they're mostly only used for lighting devices or fans, certainly nothing that would prevent the PC from booting. It might be a case fan though, and it probably should be plugged in to a Molex cable from your PSU. The right cable should look something like this: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/04/thermaltake_toughpower_1500w_w0171_psu/molex-8.jpg

The power switch connector has a positive and negative end, and they aren't always clearly marked. Maybe try flipping it around?

Edit: maybe a dumb suggestion, but also check to make sure you haven't confused the "power switch" and "power LED" connectors.

Failing that, could you take a photo of the whole system, so we can see all the power supply connectors?

As an aside, if you quote me I'll see a notification that you've replied. Makes it easier to get back to you quickly. :)

That one with the green wire, right? That's a 4-pin molex connector, these days they're mostly only used for lighting devices or fans, certainly nothing that would prevent the PC from booting. It might be a case fan though, and it probably should be plugged in to a Molex cable from your PSU. The right cable should look something like this: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/04/thermaltake_toughpower_1500w_w0171_psu/molex-8.jpg

The power switch connector has a positive and negative end, and they aren't always clearly marked. Maybe try flipping it around?

Failing that, could you take a photo of the whole system, so we can see all the power supply connectors?

As an aside, if you quote me I'll see a notification that you've replied. Makes it easier to get back to you quickly. :)

They still don't work here are some pictures! The third picture is slightly slanted and it's the top of my case where the buttons and ports are!

post-269705-0-67398500-1445438852_thumb.

post-269705-0-90427100-1445438912_thumb.

post-269705-0-88623400-1445438995_thumb.

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

Are both the mobo SATA cable and the power SATA cable plugged into the SSD?

Have you checked all cables are plugged in? The PCIe, CPU and 24 pin can be harder

If nothing is turning on, it's more likely the PSU, is it on? (Happened to me once...)

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

They still don't work here are some pictures! The third picture is slightly slanted and it's the top of my case where the buttons and ports are!

It's a bit blurry in the pic, but it sort of looks like there isn't any memory installed.  :o

Check the PSU's I/O switch on the back. It should be set to I. Check to make sure all of the power cables (particularly 24-pin ATX and 8-pin CPU) are fully seated. You should feel them "click" into place if they're in all the way.

Is anything in the computer turning on (Fans, GPU, and whatnot)? Is it just not showing display on the monitor?

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

happened to me too on my second 980 ti. i just got a hammer in bent the end of bracket.

i used to have a 7970 crossfire setup so wasnt a case defect either.

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition

happened to me too on my second 980 ti. i just got a hammer in bent the end of bracket.

i used to have a 7970 crossfire setup so wasnt a case defect either.

Do you think it was a card defect? Or was it just that the card didnt fit in your case?

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

Thank you all for all your help! I just finished installing windows and everything is great!But, i have one more question to ask you guys.Since im going to put my pc in a closed space.What temps do u think it will be at, at idle and at load/gaming? thanks all!

Do you think it was a card defect? Or was it just that the card didnt fit in your case?

It's a bit blurry in the pic, but it sort of looks like there isn't any memory installed.  :o

Check the PSU's I/O switch on the back. It should be set to I. Check to make sure all of the power cables (particularly 24-pin ATX and 8-pin CPU) are fully seated. You should feel them "click" into place if they're in all the way.

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

Thank you all for all your help! I just finished installing windows and everything is great!But, i have one more question to ask you guys.Since im going to put my pc in a closed space.What temps do u think it will be at, at idle and at load/gaming? thanks all!

What ended up being the problem?

I don't think we know what specific hardware you're using yet. Even so, temperatures are going to depend a lot on the airflow within your case, ambient temperatures, etc.

oh sorry about that!

My main problem was that i didnt know that i was to remove the bracket for my gpu!(the one that you're supposed to screw to secure it)

anyway my specs are:

intel i5 6600k

nvidia geforce gtx 960 4Gb

8Gb of ram

ambient temps are usually 23-25C

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

oh sorry about that!

My main problem was that i didnt know that i was to remove the bracket for my gpu!(the one that you're supposed to screw to secure it)

anyway my specs are:

intel i5 6600k

8Gb of ram

oh sorry about that!

anyway my specs are:

intel i5 6600k

8Gb of ram

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

What ended up being the problem?

I don't think we know what specific hardware you're using yet. Even so, temperatures are going to depend a lot on the airflow within your case, ambient temperatures, etc.

oh sorry about that!

anyway my specs are:

intel i5 6600k

8Gb of ram

also apologies my currently abit tired since i got no sleep. :wacko: 

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

huh?

the back bracket?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

huh?

the back bracket?

a thing in the backplate thats tightend with a screw 

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

huh?

the back bracket?

I got confused too when he said he removed the GPU bracket. Though I'm still not 100% sure what "bracket" he's talking about...

oh sorry about that!

anyway my specs are:

intel i5 6600k

8Gb of ram

also apologies my currently abit tired since i got no sleep. :wacko:

Well what I mean is, last we knew you had trouble getting the PC to power on. I don't think that was sorted out in this thread, so I was just curious what fixed it.  :)

I would expect the 6600K at stock with that cooler to run around 30°C at idle and maybe 60-65°C in most games. In stress tests you may see 75 or so, which is around the upper limit of what I'd allow.

The GTX 960 is very efficient and should have no problems staying cool. A modern Nvidia GPU will begin to clock itself down if it hits 80–82°C, which is still a "safe" temperature, so chances of a modern, working GPU damaging itself through heat alone are pretty slim. You probably won't see anything near that unless there's either a problem or maybe if you're running an ultra-intensive stress test like FurMark or something.

But again, these are just rough estimates!

I got confused too when he said he removed the GPU bracket. Though I'm still not 100% sure what "bracket" he's talking about...

exactly!

"case" brackets on the back? 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Ok! One last problem here :P. Its not really hardware but... I transferred my steam games to my new pc from my laptop through a external drive, but, i only get 40% of my games installed?? Steam verifies it and prelocates it but then redownloads it?? Im pretty confused here....

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

exactly!

"case" brackets on the back? 

Well what I mean is, last we knew you had trouble getting the PC to power on. I don't think that was sorted out in this thread, so I was just curious what fixed it.  :)

I would expect the 6600K at stock with that cooler to run around 30°C at idle and maybe 60-65°C in most games. In stress tests you may see 75 or so, which is around the upper limit of what I'd allow.

The GTX 960 is very efficient and should have no problems staying cool. A modern Nvidia GPU will begin to clock itself down if it hits 80–82°C, which is still a "safe" temperature, so chances of a modern, working GPU damaging itself through heat alone are pretty slim. You probably won't see anything near that unless there's either a problem or maybe if you're running an ultra-intensive stress test like FurMark or something.

But again, these are just rough estimates!

sorry, i forget to quote people :P

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD

PCIE slot of the case should be removed, so your gpu brace will replace it (use same screw to fasten) it shouldn't be a problem installing it. The motherboard Pcie lane should align with the gpu as designed.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

PCIE slot of the case should be removed, so your gpu brace will replace it (use same screw to fasten) it shouldn't be a problem installing it. The motherboard Pcie lane should align with the gpu as designed.

Thank you but i already built it and its working fine!

RYZEN 5800X

ASUS B550M (WIFI)

GTX 1060 6G

3200 MHZ RAM

RM650 PSU

256G SATA SSD

1TB NVM.E SSD

3TB 5400 WD HDD