$2000 Gaming Build

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JCxXcf
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JCxXcf/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($378.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($163.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($674.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($117.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Purple 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($14.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Purple 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($14.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1965.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-19 21:36 EDT-0400

This is all to fuel this!

http://www.acer.com/predator/en_US/predator_x34.html

Looking to get windows 7 or 10 from a friend

Still looking for recommendations on Keyboard/Mouse

-mainly just price/performance here, not looking to spend much but want decent quality.

I am looking for any feedback

Are you only using the SSD as the whole entire storage?

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

i would get the evga classified acx 2.0 instead

i've heard the gigabyte g1 980 ti has lots of coil whine

you can get away with a cheaper motherboard

850w would be perfect for the 5820k and the evga classified 980 ti

BigDay

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($96.48 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($409.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($409.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $1957.88

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-19 20:15 EDT-0400

my version of 2000$ build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JCxXcf

This is all to fuel this!

http://www.acer.com/predator/en_US/predator_x34.html

Looking to get windows 7 or 10 from a friend

Still looking for recommendations on Keyboard/Mouse

-mainly just price/performance here, not looking to spend much but want decent quality.

I am looking for any feedback

My only input is shrink the ssd down to a 250ish one and get a 1-2tb hdd.

Also if you're going to be spending 2k, I say get an aio liquid cooler instead.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Are you only using the SSD as the whole entire storage?

yes just the SSD for now, only using it for gaming right now, I will expand memory down the road if I need to.

i would get the evga classified acx 2.0 instead

i've heard the gigabyte g1 980 ti has lots of coil whine

you can get away with a cheaper motherboard

850w would be perfect for the 5820k and the evga classified 980 ti

I live next to MicroCenter, if I have a card with coil wine, its going back

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($96.48 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1957.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-19 20:15 EDT-0400
my version of 2000$ build.

I like this too. I think I would rather just go with a single card now, then possibly sli in the future, if needed, but would rather just stick with a single card for many reasons. Micro center is close by so 5820k price point is too close to 4790k for me to consider the 4790k.

My only input is shrink the ssd down to a 250ish one and get a 1-2tb hdd.

Also if you're going to be spending 2k, I say get an aio liquid cooler instead.

which AIO cooler would you recommend? I thought about AIO but, it seems that they will not last as long and have potential to be very loud, even if they aren't loud day one, it seems it is not uncommon for them to get louder 1 or 2 years down the road. That is the only reason I decided to go with air cooling. Do you think performance is really that different?

which AIO cooler would you recommend? I thought about AIO but, it seems that they will not last as long and have potential to be very loud, even if they aren't loud day one, it seems it is not uncommon for them to get louder 1 or 2 years down the road. That is the only reason I decided to go with air cooling. Do you think performance is really that different?

H100IGTX, Kraken X61, CM Seidon. there's a lot of options.

I like this too. I think I would rather just go with a single card now, then possibly sli in the future, if needed, but would rather just stick with a single card for many reasons. Micro center is close by so 5820k price point is too close to 4790k for me to consider the 4790k.

that's a pretty good choice as well, i'm choosing the CF 390X cause it will beat the 980TI, i'm just matching the price with your original build. you can customize it what you want.

I agree with Wind, corsair aio's such as H100i - H110i are really reliable, and I'm personally considering a Kraken X61 in my next build

H100IGTX, Kraken X61, CM Seidon. there's a lot of options.

H100IGTX has relatively loud radiator fans, Kraken has relatively loud pump, CM Seidon I haven't really looked into yet. I also like how the air cooler fans are solely controlled by the motherboard, the pump of an AIO you can't really control and the radiator fans only on some AIO can be controlled. If I were to go for a decent overclock but nothing crazy, lets say 4.3 on the 5820k, would an AIO be necessary? Tbh AIO just make me nervous.

H100IGTX has relatively loud radiator fans, Kraken has relatively loud pump, CM Seidon I haven't really looked into yet. I also like how the air cooler fans are solely controlled by the motherboard, the pump of an AIO you can't really control and the radiator fans only on some AIO can be controlled. If I were to go for a decent overclock but nothing crazy, lets say 4.3 on the 5820k, would an AIO be necessary? Tbh AIO just make me nervous.

Cooler master makes pretty good aio's. I have a Cooler Master Nepton 240M one, and it's been very reliable and completely silent. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rln24m24pkr1 I do recommend getting an aio if you plan on doing overclocking on a high end chip like a 5820k

One thing I suggest doing is looking up youtube videos from linus (or other tech youtubers like Jayztwocents whom is a water cooling master)

One thing I suggest doing is looking up youtube videos from linus (or other tech youtubers like Jayztwocents whom is a water cooling master)

Ive been doing a lot of research. I also came across Joker Productions silent x99 build which got me kinda hooked on that cooler.

link to his silent x99 build

Cooler master makes pretty good aio's. I have a Cooler Master Nepton 240M one, and it's been very reliable and completely silent. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rln24m24pkr1 I do recommend getting an aio if you plan on doing overclocking on a high end chip like a 5820k

I will check out the Cooler Master AIOs. Haven't looked into them yet, looks rather quiet on first look, thanks for the suggestion!

is silent your priority?

I would say it is very important yes. Im not to fond of headphones when gaming. I mainly want the best immersion I can possibly get while gaming. I also want a system that will last several years, the gpu being the obvious exception. To me it seems that an air cooler would have longer life and possibly less noise as well. But I also wouldn't want to burn through my cpu because I made the wrong choice for cooling, as I do intend to overclock. This is why I am so stuck.

I would say it is very important yes. Im not to fond of headphones when gaming. I mainly want the best immersion I can possibly get while gaming. I also want a system that will last several years, the gpu being the obvious exception. To me it seems that an air cooler would have longer life and possibly less noise as well. But I also wouldn't want to burn through my cpu because I made the wrong choice for cooling, as I do intend to overclock. This is why I am so stuck.

if you can go without AIO, my suggestion is Noctua NH-D15. very quiet they say. but the drawback, is the color.